Brief overview of NEC EXPRESSCLUSTER X 3.1
For all the enterprise systems, it is a significant piece to minimize system downtime by unexpected troubles such as disaster or software bugs. A reasonable we recommend is assist with High-Availability middleware.
NEC EXPRESSCLUSTER provides reliable computing platform. It does not support only physical platform, but virtualization environment also, with various and powerful fault monitors, failover feature to continue business on system failure, operation support with tangible user interface and so on.
NEC EXPRESSCLUSTER has been widely accepted High-Availability solution. It acquired 23.8% of market-share in revenue of HA software in Asia-Pacific region at 2012CY, and has kept No.1 position for three years.  Also, it acquired 32.1% of market-share and No.1 position in Japan market according to another survey. 
This figure shows brief features of EXPRESSCLUSTER X 3.1. In addition to the fundamental features as HA cluster software, it also offers some advanced features, flexibility of management, and hardened availability of individual servers.
 IDC AP, August 2013 “Asia/Pacific (Excluding Japan) Availability and Clustering Software Market Analysis and Forecast Update” (AP2670321U)
 IDC Japan, June 2013 “Japan System Software 2013-2017 Forecast and 2012 Analysis” (J13310103)
NEC EXPRESSCLUSTER X3.1 for SAP NetWeaver
Both of Windows and Linux version of NEC EXPRESSCLUSTER X 3.1 was certified with SAP ICC (Integration and Certification Center) according to the SAP NetWeaver High-Availability Cluster 730 scenario (NW-HA-CLU 730). It provides all the features for clustering of SAP NetWeaver.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard/Enterprise SP1 (x86_64 only) (*1)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard/Enterprise (x86_64 only) (*1)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard/Enterprise SP2/SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard/Enterprise x64 R2 SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard/Enterprise x64 SP2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3/6.2/6.1/6/5.8/5.7/5.6/5.5/5.4 (*1)
- Novell SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11/10 (*1)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 (x86_64 only) (*1)
- VMware vSphere 5/4 (VMware ESX 4.1/4.0)
(*1) certified OS platform with SAP HA Interface certification program (NW-HA-CLU 730)
Database Management System
- Microsoft SQL Server (only Windows)
- IBM DB2
- SAP MaxDB (using resource-agents)
- SAP Sybase ASE
- Oracle MySQL
See the URL below for more detailed system requirements:
- (1-Mar-2013) IDC white paper reported: EXPRESSCLUSTER has gained No.1 market share of
HA-clustering software in Asia/Pacific region for 3 years.
You can download the white paper from
- High Availability for SAP by EXPRESSCLUSTER
- Certified HA-Interface Partners
- Support details for NEC Expresscluster (SAP Note: 1768213)
- NEC Contact
Steffen M. Steck (email@example.com)
SAP Global Competence Center, NEC Europe,ltd
tel: +49-6227-734220 fax: +49-6227-734235