There is still time (until Nov 20) to sign up to collaborate on this project posted by Randolf Hager.
Open until 20 November 2012 the Swedish Chemicals Agency has called out to stakeholders for consultation on restricting lead-containing products intended for consumer use. It concerns the impacts of the restriction proposals, information on costs and benefits and occurrence of lead and lead compounds in articles intended for consumer use and impacts:
- Restriction of lead migration in articles that can be mouthed by children
- Restriction of lead content in articles that can be mouthed by children
- Two-step restriction of lead content and migration in articles that can be mouthed by children: lead content is restricted, unless the manufacturer can demonstrate that lead does not migrate from the article
- Restriction of lead migration in all articles sold to the general public
- Restriction of lead content in plastic and metal details in all articles sold to the general public
More information can be obtained an article on ChemicalWatch