as announced, we have managed to provide the latest SAPUI5 version 1.8 as SDN preview in the week of the TechEd Madrid. For all of you that are eagerly waiting for the next update of SAPUI5 (might be around 7000 customers according to download statistics) and obviously also for newly interested people, please find the latest SAPUI5 version 1.8.4 in the download area.
Besides many updates and new features, the version 1.8.4 contains:
- the new mobile library “sap.m” with around 30 new touch-optimized controls
- a new chart library “sap.viz” based on D3 that is replacing the deprecated library “sap.service.visualization”
- a newly added mobile chart library called “sap.makit”
- SAPUI5 Tools now work in combination with NWDS
- OData Batch functionality was added, an Event bus was introduced and many new controls and features like Range Slider, Carousel, Notification Bar, InPlaceEdit, etc.
Find out many more features looking at the release notes section in the DemoKit-Application which is included in the download package.
Please download SAPUI5 version 1.8 from SDN (don’t be irritated as the download link still states 1.4.3, we’ll fix that wrong link text soon), install, try it and please continue to give us feedback.
PS: to avoid questions, you’ll also find the documentation of the TeamProvider-Feature in the DemoKit. This feature is not supported by the SDN installation package. For the TeamProvider-Feature you need to get the SAPUI5 Tools officially from SMP along with the UI Extension ABAP add-on (planned for 21.12.2012).
PPS: the download package size will shrink in the future. Some mobile coding samples (that are packaged several times) use a wrong image format. We preferred to stick to the timelines as the runtime for your applications is not affected. Sorry for that!