SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio Launches at Sapphire
Today, after the success of SAP’s largest beta program with more than 400 participating customers, I’m excited to announce the general availability of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio, a new solution in the SAP BusinessObjects business intelligence (BI) portfolio.
With SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio, you can create visually stunning, interactive dashboards and data-driven applications for both mobile devices and the web. The software enables you to mobilize your current SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW) content and is designed as the premium alternative to SAP BEx web application designer. It connects directly with SAP NetWeaver BW and SAP HANA, enabling you to reuse existing data assets (including SAP NetWeaver BW queries and cubes, and SAP HANA views) without disruption.
Focus on mobile first:
- Visually stunning, fully interactive applications with HTML5, deployed to the iPad with the touch of a button
- Built-in support for touch screens and gestures
- Build apps for the web and mobile in parallel and in the same environment
Develop fast visuals on big data:
- Modern, WYSIWIG environment that greatly reduces development time
- Big data readiness and high performance with direct connectivity to SAP HANA
- Fully leverage existing infrastructure and queries when connecting to SAP NetWeaver BW
Technical Requirements and Data Sources
Requires deploying the SP5 release of the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform to benefit from critical platform services such as mobile BI deployment,
- Connects to both SAP Netweaver BW and SAP HANA directly
- Consumes SAP BEx queries through the same native BI consumer services (BICS) data access connectivity as SAP BEx and SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions
- Will expand to connect to other data sources in the future
Obtaining SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio
SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio is bundled with SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards and available via maintenance to SAP BusinessObjects BI suite or BI package customers. This gives customers the option to utilize the best tool for the use case without needing to worry about budget. If the dashboard requires only SAP NetWeaver BW or SAP HANA data, SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio may be the first choice. Dashboards needing other data sources would continue to be built in SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards.
Watch this short video for more insights into pricing.
A few partners had a sneak peak of SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio. View this video to hear one partner’s first impressions and get an early look at a BI application created with SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio.
The above is just a taste of what SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio is all about. What do you think? Stay engaged with us to learn more, and check out the resources below.
If you’re attending SAPPHIRENOW Madrid, join us Tuesday, November 13, at 2:30 local time to hear the German Armed Forces and on Wednesday, November 14, at 2:00 pm local time to hear British American Tobacco talk about their SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio experience.