Most people would structure their year around the main seasons, as in spring, summer, fall and winter. Here at SAP, we usually have only 2 main seasons, SAPPHIRE NOW in Spring, and SAPPHIRE NOW in Fall (or SAP TechEd, if you are more inclined towards the technical side).
And, unbelievably so, SAPPHIRE NOW fall is happening next week in Madrid, and Cloud will be an essential part of this event for us.
For those of you that are joining, I hope we can catch up there “live” on the show floor, at the corporate communications center (if you are a blogger/ influencer/ analyst/ journalist) or at the party over a beverage. (I’ll be monitoring my twitter stream for tweetup requests at my @choirshark handle.)
For those of you that are not joining, here is a preview of what you’ll be missing, especially around the cloud topic:
- SAPPHIRE NOW and SAP TechEd Madrid are actually co-located and happening at the same time. We should be getting a good mix of technical and business audience (I expect the suit-huggers to be on the prowl again)
- The main event will begin on Tuesday with Bill and Jim’s keynote and we surely hope a large crowd will find its way to the cloud campus, where we will cover all the cloud aspects around solutions for managing People, Customer, Suppliers, Money as well as the topics of Cloud Suites, Cloud Strategy and Social Collaboration.
- As established in previous SAPPHIRE NOW events, we will run a variety of session formats, again focused on shorter, more concise presentations, and really emphasizing more interactive sessions, panels, mircoforums and hands-on sessions to allow customers and partners to enter into a dialog with us.
- This is the second SAPPHIRE NOW where we have had a dedicated cloud campus. I think customers will see the big strides we have made after the acquisition of SuccessFactors in terms of bringing the portfolio together (Better Together) as well as broadening the SAP OnDemand portfolio with new offerings such as SAP Financials OnDemand, which joins the ranks of SAP LOB solutions (Customer, Social, and Travel on Demand) and SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Business One OnDemand.
- On Wednesday, November 14, I will be presenting in the Cloud Campus, giving an overview on what our Cloud Suite strategy looks like, with a specific focus on where SAP Business ByDesign fits into the big picture.
- Overall, I this SAPPHIRE NOW is the best opportunity yet to get hands-on with the 20 applications and purpose-built suites we have on offer for our customers at this time, and how we are bringing in the main innovation dimensions of “baked in” mobile, in-memory, social and analytics across the portfolio
- And, last but not least, you’d have a chance to chat with about 30 key cloud executives who are present at the event to engage with partners, customers, prospects and influencers alike.
Will there be news and announcements? Yupp. And I am not going to steal the thunder. Do expect us to show comprehensive updates on diverse topics such as employee central, SAP Customer, Sales and Travel OnDemand, SAP Financials OnDemand, SAP JAM, Cloud integration and user experience .. in other words, across the board.
That’s it for today, I really hope to see you there, and if you can’t make it, please follow on us Twitter at @SAPPHIRENOW and @SAPTechEd, and join the conversation at #SAPPHIRENOW and #SAPTechEd and of course #Cloud!
CHHO, Walldorf, November 11, 2012