Introduction: Earlier there were issues if we use different versions of NWDS installation on the same system. Eclipse associated with Cloud, extracts into a different location so there won’t be any issue when we have multiple versions on NWDS on the same system. Issue will be with the path if you have to use a different JRE for NWDS which can be adjusted in the path settings.
Following document contains the steps and screen capture of configuring the Eclipse. I referred the SAP Help link for this installation; I have added some additional details with the screen capture.
Download of required files
- Login to https://tools.netweaver.ondemand.com/ with SDN user id/password.
- Download SAP NetWeaver Cloud SDK (neo-sdk-1.10.0.zip). Extract the files to the folder c:\neo-sdk-1.10.0.
3. Download and install the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers from Eclipse (eclipse-jee-juno-SR1-win32-x86_64.zip). Extract the files to the folder c:\eclipse-jee-juno-SR1-win32-x86_64.
4. Before installing SAP JVM, in case of Windows OS, install the Visual C++ 2005 Runtime from the following site
Download and install the file vcredist_x64.exe.
5. Download SAP JVM, this is available under the ‘Additional Software’ area. Click the ‘Additional Software’. Extract the file sapjvm-6.1.043-ntamd64.zip
6. Open Eclipse from the installed location, in my case “C:\eclipse-jee-juno-SR1-win32-x86_64\eclipse”.
Note : In case if there are other version of NWDS with older JVM, Eclipse may not open. In this scenario, please navigate the Eclipse installation directory. Use the following command to open the Eclipse (folder/file path are based on the above installation steps. If there is any change in the folder name during your installation then please rename the folder accordingly)
eclipse -vm C:\sapjvm-6.1.043-ntamd64\sapjvm_6\jre\bin\java.exe
7. If there is a prompt for a workspace, please select appropriate path. Following is the appearance of the workbench.
Eclipse Proxy Configuration
8. From the main menu, choose Window ==> Preferences
9. Check your browser to see if there is a proxy is used to connect to internet. If a proxy is used then follow the below steps
a. Go to General è Network Connections.
b. From the Active Provider dropdown menu, choose Manual.
c. Configure your HTTP and HTTPS connections.
d. Choose Apply and close the window.
Configuration of Juno/Indigo in Eclipse
10. From the main menu, choose Help è Install New Software
a. In case of ‘Juno’ use this URL https://tools.netweaver.ondemand.com/juno
b. If there is a prompt to login, used SDN user id/ password.
c.Screen should look like the following, Select ‘SAP Netweaver Cloud’ and click the Next button
d. Review the items to install and click next button.
e. Read and accept the Eclipse license agreement and choose Finish. Software installation may take some time.
f. Restart the Eclipse IDE. Screen should look like the following
Setting up the SAP NetWeaver Cloud Runtime Environment
11. Following are the steps to configure NW Cloud SDK
a. From the Eclipse IDE main menu, choose Window è Preferences.
b. Choose Server è Runtime Environment.
c. Choose the Add button.
d. Select SAP è SAP NetWeaver Cloud and choose Next.
e. SAP NetWeaver Cloud is set as the default name.
f. Select the radio button Use SAP NetWeaver Cloud SDK from the following location
g. The previously selected SDK location is set by default. Choose Finish.
h. The server runtime environment SAP NetWeaver Cloud is added. This is the default runtime you will later use to deploy Java EE applications and for
consuming services. On the Preferences window, choose OK.
Setting Up the SAP JVM in the Eclipse IDE
12. Following are the steps to configure SAP JVM. If the SAP JVM is already present please ignore the following steps
- From the Eclipse IDE main menu, choose Window ==> Preference.
- Choose Java ==> Installed JREs. Check if Standard VM is set as the default JRE type.
- Choose the Add button, click Next button.
- For the JRE home field, choose the Directory… button and browse to the SAP JVM folder contained in the folder that you have previously extracted the archive to.
- Choose Finish, click Ok.
- Open again the Preferences window and choose Plug-in Development ==> Target Platform.
- Make sure that SAP NetWeaver Cloud SDK is selected. Then choose the Edit button.
h. Choose the Environment tab, select JRE name. If sap jvm entry is not present then add it and click on Finish.