Continued from Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX) – Installation and Configuration – II
Check the SLD Self Registration.
Follow the instructions as per Note 1435392 – PI CTC: SLD Configuration after PI AEX initial setup
Start the NetWeaver Administrator and navigate to ‘Configuration –> Infrastructure –> Java System Properties’. Click the Services tab and select ‘XPI Service: AII Config Service’. Check whether property “com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.usage_type” has value ‘AEX’. Check also if the ‘*.serviceuser.name’ properties contain the correct user names.
Now your Advanced Adapter Engine (AEX) system is ready for configuring different scenarios.
Some details about Advanced Adapter Engine (AEX) : (taken from help.sap.com)
The installation option Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX) provides the connectivity capabilities of the Advanced Adapter Engine (AAE) as well as the design and configuration tools (ES Repository and the Integration Directory) to set up scenarios based on the AAE. The Integration Directory installed with AEX contains the same subset of configuration options as that of the AAE, basically the integrated configuration.
The main components for design and configuration time are the Enterprise Services Repository (ES Repository) and the Integration Directory. Using these tools, an integration expert can design integration content (for example, interfaces and process integration scenarios) and specify the configuration settings for message exchange for a specific system landscape. The design and configuration tools are connected to the System Landscape Directory which contains, for example, the description of software components and systems.
Main Benefits :
- Reduction in overall TCO with single-stack
- Faster installation (1 hr)*
- Less hardware (½ hardware requirement)*
- Fast restart (90 secs)*
* Hardware dependent
- Drastically reduced resource consumption (scenarios can speed up to a factor 10)
- Conversely, need only 10% of resources for comparable performance, sizing cut down by factors
- Up to 60% less energy consumption
- Monitoring simplification with one dedicated toolset and one stack
- All end-to-end monitoring and configuration information
- One database scheme
Use Cases :
AEX supports the mediation capabilities of the AAE. In particular, you can use the following adapters:
- RFC Adapter
- SAP Business Connector Adapter
- File/FTP Adapter
- JDBC Adapter
- JMS Adapter
- SOAP Adapter
- Marketplace Adapter
- Mail Adapter
- RNIF Adapter
- CDIX Adapter
- IDoc Adapter (Advanced Adapter Engine) (adapter type IDOC_AAE)
- HTTP Adapter (Advanced Adapter Engine) (adapter type HTTP_AAE)