It is always great if you have an option when you drill down in a Webi report. In this document I have taken eFashion universe for demonstration purpose. Here we will provide user with an option wherein he can drill either from year to quarter or from year to month (quarter will be skipped). I have taken time hierarchy just for demonstration purpose, you can use any other hierarchy as per business requirement.
1. Import the universe on which you want to work upon in the universe designer. Here I have imported efashion universe.
Go to Tools -> Hierarchies.
2. You will see the default hierarchies out there.
3. Go to custom hierarchies & add a new hierarchy named Year to Month. I have also changed the name of the Time Period hierarchy to Year to Quarter.
4. Add Year , Month, Week and Holiday to the new hierarchy and click OK.
5. Save the universe and export it.
6. Go to Webi Rich Client and create a simple report comprising of Year, State and Sales Revenue.
7. Run the Report.
8. Click on the drill option on top right.
9. Now when you click on the year dimension, you will be prompted with a pop up which will ask you whether you want to drill down to Quarter or Month,
thus providing user with the flexibility.
10. Now when you click on the Year to Quarter you will get quarterly data.
11. And when you click on the Year to Month hierarchy you will get monthly data.
Thus if a user wants to drill directly to month, he/she will have an option at drill down. In this way you can add any number of hierarchies, thus providing user with the flexibility of choosing between them. 🙂 🙂 🙂