Preview of SAP NetWeaver related activities at SAPPHIRE NOW Madrid
SAPPHIRE NOW Madrid is just around the corner. By now many of you have probably used the online agenda builder on the SAPPHIRE NOW website to mark the presentations, discussions and demos that you don’t want to miss.
I would like to highlight some key SAP NetWeaver related activities that you might want to also add to your agenda. For example hear from customers such as Böhringer Ingelheim, Kali & Salz, adidas and Accenture as their share their experiences using components of the SAP NetWeaver technology platform.
Also be sure to visit us in the Database & Technology Campus to hear and see the latest and greatest around SAP NetWeaver, for example get a look at the latest enhancements to SAP NetWeaver to build and deploy applications in the cloud. And hear about one of SAP’s latest members to the family: SAP NetWeaver Decision Service Management.
I tried to make this overview of activities (in total 16 sessions) more digestible by sorting them by the following topic areas: Process Orchestration, Cloud & Virtualization, Content & Portals and Security:
- Theater Presentation: Learn How Boehringer Ingelheim Improves Process Efficiency and Flexibility (Thurs, 4:00-4:20 PM)
Hear how Boehringer Ingelheim uses business process management, rules management, and the integration and monitoring tools within the SAP NetWeaver platform to automate, measure, and easily adapt business-critical processes in areas such as master data governance and finance.
- Demo station: Orchestrate Better Business Processes (All day):
See how you can improve your business performance with integrated, end-to-end process orchestration tools that connect on-premise and cloud applications as well as your business partners’ systems.
- Demo: Automate and Integrate Company-Specific Processes to Improve Efficiency (Wed, 1.30 -1:50 PM and Thurs, 3.00 – 3.20 PM)
Learn how you can quickly automate and integrate, as well as flexibly optimize company-specific business processes to improve business performance. Examine all aspects of process development, from initial design to user interface to running custom process applications. See how SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration software can help.
- Microforum Discussion: Define Your Business-to-Business Integration Strategy (Tue 4:00-4:45 PM)
This discussion compares ways you can exchange information efficiently with your suppliers, customers, and partners, from orders to shipments to invoices. Learn how on-premise, on-demand, and hybrid business-to-business integration models can help you define a strategy.
- Microforum Discussion Optimize Decision-Making Logic in Your Business Processes (Wed 4:00-4:45 PM)
This discussion reveals how you can work smarter with more flexible management of decision-making logic in application processes. Learn how domain experts are now able to quickly maintain decision-making logic independently from IT with decision service management software.
Cloud & Virtualization
- Theater Presentation: Get to the Cloud with the Right Application Infrastructure Technology (Wed, 2:00-2:20 PM)
Build, run, and integrate on-premise and on-demand applications using a cloud infrastructure. See how the SAP NetWeaver Cloud platform offers the critical server, portal, content management, and process orchestration components to support an achievable cloud strategy.
- Theater Presentation: Develop and Implement a Virtualization Strategy (Tues, 3:30-3:50 PM)
Discover ways to integrate virtualization into your infrastructure and the key things to consider when building a strategy and implementation plan. Find out how one customer developed and is currently executing a long-term virtualization strategy using SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management software.
- Demo Station: Deliver Business Innovation and Engaging Customer Experiences in the Cloud (All day)
Build, deploy, and manage integrated cloud applications with an open, standards-based platform. Extend your IT investment value and gain new business functionality quickly with SAP NetWeaver Cloud.
- Demo: Get Started Building Cloud-Based Applications (Wed, 10:30-10:50 AM and Thurs, 1:00-1:20 PM)
Start creating cloud-based applications today. Build applications using the Eclipse-based Java development environment found in the SAP NetWeaver Cloud platform. Deploy the applications to the cloud for immediate customer access.
- Microforum Discussion: Automate and Manage Your Virtualized Landscape Better (Tues, 2:00-2:45 PM)
Save time and manage your business applications more effectively. Discover ways to implement landscape virtualization in an enterprise environment. See how SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management software can help.
- Microforum Discussion: Execute a Virtualization Strategy (Tues, 4:00-4:45 PM)
This discussion focuses on points to consider before implementing virtualization technology into your existing IT infrastructure. Hear how customers and partners have initiated and implemented their own virtualization strategies.
Content & Portals
- Theater Presentation: Empower People with an Enhanced User Experience (Thurs 4:30-4:50 PM)
Hear how SAP technology is helping Adidas to successfully run its business-to-business and CRM scenarios with thousands of partners through a customized extranet portal. Get valuable insight into the company’s current portal-supported business scenarios and its plans for expanding the reach of its portal technology.
- Demo Station: Improve User Experience for Employees, Customers, and Partners (All day)
Improve user satisfaction, productivity, and loyalty by creating contemporary user experiences for employees, customers, and partners. Explore the user interface strategy that can help make it happen.
- Microforum Discussion: Extend the Reach of Your Applications to More Users (Wed, 3:00-3:45 PM).
This discussion reveals how you can offer people new ways to work by extending the power of SAP applications to a variety of user environments. Learn how Duet Enterprise and SAP NetWeaver Gateway can benefit your business, IT department, end users, and extended network.
- Demo: Modernize Your Portal and Improve the User Experience (Tues, 1:30-1:50 PM and Wed, 5:00-5:20 PM)
Create intuitive enterprise portals that connect information, people, and processes across organizational boundaries. See how you can benefit from extended portal functionality in SAP NetWeaver that incorporates cloud, mobile, and in-memory computing technologies.
- Microforum Discussion: Improve Your Enterprise Content Management (Thurs, 1:00-1:45 PM)
This discussion explores how your company can benefit from innovative solutions for content and site management co-developed by SAP and OpenText for SAP NetWeaver Portal.
- Theater Presentation: How Accenture Improved Security by Taking ID Management to the Next Level (Thurs, 1:30-1:50 PM)
Find out how Accenture replaced an aging, inflexible identity management solution with a flexible, future-oriented one. Hear how the latest version of SAP NetWeaver Identity Management allows them to customize the user experience while preserving core functions, offering a scalable and extensible solution that was easily rolled out to global users.
- Microforum Discussion: Explore the Latest Options for Your IT Security (Wed, 11:00-11:45 AM)
This discussion shows how to protect your data and business better. Learn how IT security solutions from SAP help apply the highest levels of protection with the latest options available in identity management, single sign-on, and governance, risk and compliance software.
Have a great time at SAPPHIRE NOW and I and the team are looking forward to seeing you!