Commonly, there are three key areas of opportunity discussed around mobile enterprise – Data, Decision Criteria and Devices. The video below is subtitled with the statement, “Productivity improvements are everybody’s first thought, and they’re not wrong – there’s gold there.”. I like that! Many others likely believe there is gold to be found in some convergance of big data, transactin and/or process optimizations and mobile enablement.
How do we find that gold? It starts by asking questions:
- Which data do you use? Inventory? Point of sale? Customers?
- What are you trying to do with the decisions? Inform? Diagnose? Act?
- Is there actually a benefit and value to making these decisions on a mobile device?
Businesses are expecting innovative solutions that provide a quick return on investment and a tangible business benefit in the short term. I’m certain companies are boldly moving into these types of solutions. Anyone willing to share a real-world example of achieving this value by going through the above practical approach?
View other blogs in this series:
- Already convinced that Mobility is relevant? Here’s an attempt to explain why…
- Consumerization of IT
- 3 Fundamental Trends – Data, Decisions, Devices
Stay in the conversation by following SAP Services on SCN.
Find educational videos related to Deriving Value from Mobile in the Enterprise.
Learn more about SAP Enterprise Mobility Services
Ready to get started with the Discovery Workshop for Enterprise Mobility? Request a quote