In the procurement process overview one of the key process is “Plant Maintenance Services”.
*PR – Purchase Requisition – An order that needs approval before it can be send out to the vendor.
*PO – Purchase Order – A finalized and approved requisition, ready to be send to the vendor.
Explanation of Plant Maintenance Service Process :
- A planner creates a request for a known service vendor via Plant Maintenance order in SAP.
- The PR will be transferred to SRM and the system will check if all necessary information is available and correct (if not the PR will have to be completed in the traditional way in SAP)
- The system will automatically create a PO and replicate the PO in SAP
- The system transfers the PO to the vendor.
- Vendor carries out the requested task
- The vendor changes the price and quantity (if necessary) of the PO and confirms the delivery of the service.
- The appointed approver reviews the delivered services and price and approves or rejects the confirmation.
- A) The vendor will receive a notification of approval Process ends
B) The vendor will receive a notification of rejection
9. Vendor replies on the rejection and updates the confirmation. The assigned approver will review the confirmation again and approve or reject. Process ends.
The process starts in (SAP) Plant Maintenance work-order
- Planner creates request for known service vendor via Operation in PM order.
- The PR is transferred to SRM and a PO for the service vendor will be created (via SRM)
- The service vendor carries out the requested task and confirms the activities in SRM directly (enter delivery / service)
- The approver of Organization approves (or reject) the confirmed quantity and quality of work of the vendor
- The approved confirmation is automatically stored in the back-end (SAP) for three-way matching of Invoice