During the duration of my role as primary support for SUP ODP issues, I noticed that every time customers use SUP ODP, right from the initial stages, some clarifications and queries that arise could be resolved by doing some check points. With my experience, I have compiled the most FAQ’s and the answers for the same. This should help anyone who faces any issues during the usage of SUP ODP.
1Q: I am facing few issues during request / response. I want to check the server and client logs to try figure out the problem. How and where can I find the
A:On the problematic server, enable debug logging so as to check the obtained response from backend Gateway URL, when request is fired from SUP server.
Follow the below steps to set the log level to debug:
- From SCC admin interface in the left navigation pane, expand the Servers folder
and select a server name.
- Select Log. In the right administration pane select unwired server tab followed
by settings tab.
- Set the log level for Proxy and MMS to debug and click on save.
- Register a user with SUP server. After successful registration when the device
status is online in Application connections tab of SCC, select the application
connection and click on the properties button.
In the properties window, select the Device advanced tab and set the debug trace
level to 5 and click ok.
With this, required logs will be generated on client and servers.
The client logs can be retrieved on server as a text file by making modifications
to a configuration file. Follow the below steps to do the same.
- In the installation directory of SUP, navigate to the location
2. In the OnlineProxy.properties file, set the value of DUMP_CLIENT_LOGS property to True.
3. Restart the server for the configuration changes to take effect.
4. Now from the SCC administrative interface in the left navigation pane, select the Applications node.
5. In the right administration pane, click Application Connections tab.
6. Select an application connection, with which you have issues and click Get Trace. The application connection status must be “online” to retrieve the logs.
7. Click OK.
Make sure after some time the client log is saved as a text file in the location:
Server logs can be found at the below location.
Please note: Undo all the above changes to restore the server back to original state.
2Q: I am running an application on iPhone and want to see the device console logs on a windows machine. How can I do this?
A:You can see the logs of iPhone on windows machine using iPhone Configuration Utility tool and following the below steps.
- Download/install iPhone Configuration Utility.
- Launch Configuration Utility.
- Connect the device to your windows machine. The device gets listed. Select the device -> Select the Console tab.
You can find the console logs here.
3Q: I am trying to register my application to the SUP server. However, I am getting the error “Error: 558 Message: ‘Could not connect to server. Verify Relay Server URL Template’. What could be wrong?
A: This error is encountered whenever the value of Relay Server Address, Port or the Company Id, being sent from the application (device) is wrong.
4Q: I am trying to register my application to the SUP server. However, I am getting the error “Error: 580 Message: ‘TM Error:InvalidAuthenticationParameters’. What could be wrong?
A: This error is encountered, whenever the value of username or password / activation code, being sent from the device is wrong.
5Q: During registration, I am getting the error “14853: Wrong user name for this device.” What could be wrong?
A:This error is encountered when a physical device, say with id “00225ad26d9dad117236447f7f9da25a83ab0f57”, is already registered to SUP, but
is once again being used to carry out new registration. Delete the existing device through the available API and then try registration.
6Q: During registration, I am getting the error “14899: Unknown error.” What could be wrong?
A: This error is encountered due to multiple reasons. One of the reasons can be same as the above (for error code 14853).
7Q: During registration, I am getting the error “584: Wrong public key”. What could be wrong?
A: This error is encountered when you have registered a device on to one server say SERVER1 and now try to connect the same device to another server, say SERVER2.
You can avoid this error by using the “clear server verification key API” in your app.
8Q: During registration, I am getting the error “Error: 14814 Message: MMS Authentication Failed .” What could be wrong?
A: This error is encountered when the username or password is wrong, while carrying out SSO based registration.
9Q: During registration, I am getting the error “Error: 14850 Message: Auto registration template not found .” What could be wrong?
A: This error is encountered when wrong security configuration is passed from the device or the application name in server and the one in the application
installed on device does not match.
10Q: While trying request response, the application is throwing error “Error: 403 Message: Forbidden. ” What could be wrong?
A: User would have used url1 while creating Application ID/ Template, this will be whitelisted automatically. But if user changes Application Endpoint in the application template or application id, then the new url has to be manually whitelisted.
Problem can be fixed by following the below steps to whitelist url:
- In SCC navigate to Domains -> default -> Connections
- Click on “Connections” tab
- Click on the “New” button
- Give a name to your connection pool
- Select “Proxy” from drop down “Connection pool type”
- Give new endpoint as address and save
This should whitelist your URL in SUP server.
11Q: How can I know which version of SUP I am using?
A: The version of the SUP can be found by following the below steps:
In SCC navigate to: View -> Open -> Resource Explorer
Click on “Resource Explorer”.
In the resulting popup, you would be able to find out the version of SUP.
12Q: While trying request response, the application is throwing error “Error: 401.” What could be wrong?
A: This error is encountered when either username or password for the OData / sdata collection
being retrieved is wrong.
Check the username / password being passed.