On Monday November 5 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m CET you are invited to join the next Portal tweetchat on “Enterprise Workspaces – Extending SAP NetWeaver Portal Capabilities”.
In this tweetchat you will get more detailed information about the new release of SAP NetWeaver Portal – Enterprise Workspaces 1.1 Service Pack 3. The new release of SAP NetWeaver Portal, enterprise workspaces allows employees to create flexible, personalized, self-service work environments easier than ever. It improves productivity, empower employees and provide superior user experience any time, and also on multiple devices.
Among the highlights of the new release are:
- Mobile Homepage: a new entry point for mobile users, with group-specific aggregation of unstructured content and pre-defined applications.
- People Explorer: employees can now locate people they are looking for, discover colleagues with shared interests, reach out and connect across hierarchy, and create professional networks to get the work done faster and in a more efficient manner. Together with the SuccessFactors Jam (planned) integration, wiki and forums capabilities, users can easily create professional networks to boost their daily productivity.
Our panel of core experts include:
- Aviad Rivlin, Portal Product Manager (@AviadRivlin)
- David Kviti, Product Owner SAP NetWeaver Portal (@DKviti)
- Itay Sagiv, Portal Product Manager (@ItaySagiv)
- Winfried Wenisch, Product Owner SAP NetWeaver Portal (@WWenisch)
The tweetchat will be moderated by Vera Gutbrod using our Portal Twitter account @Portal_SAP. You can connect with the tweetchat moderator before the chat. Send for example some questions or your expectations already before the chat. You can start with this already now! Send the questions and statements directly to our SAP Portal Twitter channel @Portal_SAP.
What is a TweetChat and How to Participate
What’s a tweetchat? It is similar to a webinar in which the speakers, rather than talking, type out their thoughts in 140 characters or less. And during a tweetchat, rather than using a dial-in number, you follow along with your preferred Twitter app like Tweetdeck, Hootsuite or TweetChat.com. The key benefits of TweetChat.com is that it automatically adds the hashtag to the end of your tweets after you successfully sign in using your Twitter account.
To participate in our tweetchat, simply log in to the Twitter client of your choice and submit all your questions and statements with the hashtag #SAPPortalchat included. In case you are not using this hashtag, we cannot see what you are tweeting. We’ll be monitoring the timeline live and responding through the accounts of our experts.
See you on Twitter on November 5
Please join us on November 5 from 17:00-18:00 P.M. CET using the #SAPPortalchat hashtag. We are really looking forward to talking to you directly. So start thinking about your questions now. We hope to see you on November 5 live on Twitter!
The SAP NetWeaver Portal Team