SAP Business Objects BI 4.0
The document address a solution to display values and percentages in a Pie Chart in Web Intelligence. In BI 4.0 the values and percentages are displayed when you hover over the Pie but if a user were to use a static version of this where they either export it to Excel or PDF then either the Values or percentages can be shown but not both. This solution provides a work around for this issue.
1. Created a simple query with Year and Sales Revenue as the Result Objects.
2. Drag both the Objects on the report and convert the table to a Pie Chart.
3. Duplicate the Pie Chart that was just created and right click and select Format Chart on the second Pie Chart.
4. Select Global -> Data Values ->
5. Change the data type to Label and Percent or Percent depending on how you want the Labels to Appear.
6. Change data position to Inside you should have the below values.
7. Select Global -> Background set the values as shown below.
8. After Completing step 7 you should have two Pies as shown below
9. Align the Pie Chart with percentages on top of the original Pie Chart to get the below result. You might have to re size the Pie Chart with percentages to get
a correct fit giving a perception of a single Pie Chart as shown below. I have the title shown on both charts to give a better understanding of the