At SAP TechEd 2012, soon after the SAP HANA Real-Time Race finished, David Hull, Senior Manager of SAP HANA Global Marketing , interviewed key players from the the winning team: Optimal Solutions, EMC & Cisco.
Optimal Solutions SAP Analytics/BI Solution and Practice Director Jeremy Stierwalt, EMC Global SAP Lead Henrik Wagner, and Cisco Global SAP Marketing Manager Rick Spire.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
Customers Challenges Presented (time it took team Optimal to complete specified challenges):
- Migrating SAP BPC on SAP BW to SAP BPC on SAP BW powered by SAP HANA (2.5-3hs)
- Running financial calculations and some financial variances, and restatements of financial KPIs within the SAP BPC on SAP BW powered by SAP HANA environment (restating millions of records within HANA took only a few minutes)
- Revolutionizing reporting in and around SAP BPC as it related back to HANA’s advanced capabilities utilizing a rich array of SAP Analytics/BI tools & solutions (consumed majority of the 48-hour time limit)
Key Customer Takeaways:
- Speed and process of getting HANA hardware appliance in place is fast and painless.
- Migrating/implementing on HANA a database or application — be it a traditional RDMS or SAP BW or some other application, is a relatively quick-and-easy endeavor, not nearly as challenging as some costumer may think.
- The overall stability of the HANA platform is strong, tested and proven, and HANA scales easily and infinitely
Optimal’s Jeremy Stierwalt spoke candidly about the processes of migrating an SAP BPC database to HANA; restating millions of records on SAP BW on HANA; and integrating advanced analytics into the HANA environment capable of revolutionizing reporting processes – particularly SAP Business Planning and Consolidation reporting – and delivering these reports via stunning, intuitive, interactive mobile dashboards.
The winning end game, according to Stierwalt, was to integrate myriad SAP products in an eloquent, deployed solution that satisfied the specified customer requirements.