I am excited to announce that we are having our first ever SAP HCM and SuccessFactors #SAPChat on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 12pm EST (GMT -5) so please mark your calendars as we want to show everyone how strong and vibrant our community can be. During the one hour twitter conversation, our goal is to have a very open question and answer session around SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors with nothing off-limits. There is a great panel lined up which includes the following:
- Luke Marson – SAP Mentor, Senior Solution Architect at Gavdi Group
- Jarret Pazahanick – SAP Mentor, HCM Consultant & Managing Partner of EIC Experts
- Dmitri Krakovsky – VP Global Product Management at SuccessFactors
- Jean-Bernard Rolland – VP, Line of Business HR Solutions at SAP
- Chiara Bersano – Sr. Director, HR Industry Business Solutions at SAP
- SuccessFactors – Official Twitter handle for SuccessFactors
- SAP – Official Twitter handle for SAP
What exactly is a SAP Chat?
You can think of a #SAPChat as a semi organized SAP and SuccessFactors question and answer session, held on social media (twitter) at a set time (Oct 30 12pm EST) with a group knowledgeable individuals.
How do you take part?
There are three easy ways you can take part in the SAP HCM and SuccessFactors #SAPChat and they include:
- Join TweetChat which will automatically add the correct hashtag information to your tweets as you participate.
- Use the standard twitter web tool.
- Use your favorite twitter client (ie TweetDeck, Hootsuite) following the #SAPChat hashtag.
During the event, you can follow the discussion, contribute questions, and submit your own comments as these are only successful if they are very interactive so we are counting on your involvement and help.
Social Media is a Waste of Time
If you fall into that camp that social media is a waste of time I hope you will use this as an opportunity to give it a try. As I have become more active on social media over the past few years it has become very clear what a powerful tool it can be for SAP and SuccessFactors professionals. I am a big believer that social networking for is only in its infancy and that twitter and other tools are only going to continue to grow in popularity and importance. I have written seven articles on SAP/SuccessFactors and twitter that I would recommend you read if you are still on the fence regarding social media.
I look forward to you joining the upcoming Tweet Chat as well as coming up with your hardest and most controversial questions related to SAP HCM and SuccessFactors as when information is shared openly and publicly everyone becomes a winner. If you would like to ask a question in advance please put it in a comment section below though keep in mind the answer will be in a 140 characters or less
On a side note I would recommend joining the SAP and SuccessFactors Linkedin group if you want to stay current on all the major developments as they unfold.