Hi, today i want to share with you on how to restrict the elements placed in master pages to be printed only on first page or any page for that matter while the page is rendered doing a print preview.
SCENARIO: I have a logo which i need to place only on the first page while the space which logo occupies on the first page (Let’s say 2 inches), should be left blank on the consecutive pages (i.e. page 2 onwards). I could design my pages in design view leaving every page with a 2 inch gap. But as you can see that i have to do it for every page. Rather, what I would do to remove this redundancy and waste of time and effort, is that:
1. I would place my logo on the master page and name it as logo.
2. Wrap it in a sub form (lets say S1).
3. Define a text in the sub form S1 and give it a name CurrPgNo.
this.CurrPgNo.rawvalue = xfa.layout.page(this)
5. Now i will write a form calc script on S1 as:
if ( $.CurrPgNo.rawvalue > “1” ) then
$.logo.presence = “hidden”
6. Now i will activate my form and execute it to see the result.
7. RESULT: I have the logo only on the first page.
8. Second page onwards, i have the same space left as what logo occupied in first page.
Please leave any comments or questions.
We can restrict whatever we want with this simple process.