Getting training on SAP Business ByDesign studio
You can register to a 3-day Workshop for SAP Business ByDesign developers using Business ByDesign Studio.
The workshop introduces you to the Partner Development Infrastructure (PDI) and you will gain hands-on experience with the Software Development Kit (SDK). The course is held in English and covers the following content:
- Generate new business objects
- Publish new add-on in scoping
- Build fine-tuning activities related to the new business objects
- Produce new user interfaces for new business objects
- Create a calculated extension field
- Adapt existing user interface to include calculated extension field
- Establish extension field link between the new business object and an existing business object
- Define process integration between new business object(s) and existing business object(s)
- Upload data to new business object
- Establish approval task and related workflow, based on the new business object
- Build data source for new business object
- Create new report, based on the new data source, via Key User Tools
- Create new form, based on the new data source, via Key User Tools
- Extend an existing form to include new data source via Key User Tools
- Integrate data via web service and XML
For further information on the prerequistes, prices and registration go to Business ByDesign Studio Experience in Business Center.
the link takes me to this page:
WE ARE UNABLE TO LOCATE THE PAGE YOU REQUESTED.
you need to have a user for the Business Center (www.sme.sap.com). In case you have a user and are still facing issues copy the link and place it directly into your browser. If you still faceing the issue you should open an incident in the Business Center (https://www.sme.sap.com/irj/sme/help).
i have created a message but i can't see it in 'sent items' of my inbox (No item avaliable!)
Even I get the same page as Greg mentioned above.
I've faced this issue with other links as well related to ByD.
Seems to be working fine for me.. Could be your SAP relationship level which dictates access to the SME business center...
thanks for the suggestion, but isn't this something that should go into the blog? why waste people's time providing them with a link to content which they may not be authorized to view and have them create tickets that cannot be saved?
just a thought...
in Business Center certain information are only available for Partner. I will follow up on the topic, why the training page is restricted to the Partner only.
Meanwhile you could get in contact with Solution Partner Management to request access or contact Could Service Center directly to get further information on the training.
Last year, I went to a 3 days trainning sessions. I guess the session have change a litle. I don't think I will go back to Waldorf right now but is there a way to get support of the session in pdf to see what have change.
I did not write the post and was just trying to help diagnose the problem... I will refrain from helping any further issues you might have...