Is R&D and Engineering your daily business? Is it your job to optimize manufacturing processes? At SAPPHIRE NOW, find out how customers from Discrete Industries benefit from SAP’s solutions!
SAPPHIRE NOW Madrid is less than 4 weeks away.
When you receive this, you are probably organizing your agenda for this innovative and colossal event and wondering which of the thousands of sessions are relevant for you. Or are you still trying to find out if there is value at all?
If you are part of a Discrete Manufacturing organization, and if bringing high-quality innovative products to market with high profit margins still a challenge for you – then we have a great program planned for you.
- Your first stop at SAPPHIRE NOW should be the Industries and Lines of Business Campus, where Discrete Manufacturing and R&D/Engineering topics are located. Talk to our industry experts for Automotive, High Tech, Aerospace and Defense, and Industrial Machinery and Components. They will be happy to show you our latest developments in SAP Product Lifecycle Management, SAP Manufacturing and SAP Visual Enterprise applications.
- SAPPHIRE NOW brings together experts from all industries and lines of business that SAP covers. Click the “sample agendas” tab on this page to see what kind of sessions you might be interested in.
- At SAPHIRE NOW Madrid, we will be presenting a brand new solution: SAP Visual Enterprise. SAP is the only software vendor today that combines 3D-visualization with data from the SAP Business Suite. You will be amazed with the exciting possibilities this brings for Discrete Industries. To get a better idea, watch this cool video. (By the way, I’m the hidden in the back seat of the car – like a Bond girl). In my next blog, I will share all Visual Enterprise sessions with you that we have at SAPPHIRE NOW.
- Don´t miss the theatre presentations from high profile discrete manufacturing organizations, sharing their experiences. How they have successfully implemented and how they are using SAP PLM and SAP Manufacturing solutions.
- For example, discover how Röchling-Automotive streamlined R&D and shares 3D and business data simply and almost in real-time.Röchling is one of the top automotive suppliers for system solutions, components and modules. Vivien Rebsdat, Head of IT, will talk about how they streamlined R&D processes, improved new product time-to-market and maintenance, and reduced documentation errors with SAP Product Lifecycle Management and SAP Visual Enterprise applications. Learn how they share construction drawings in near real-time with all stakeholders.(Tuesday, 4:30pm; Industries and Lines of Business Campus)
See how Faurecia, a global automotive supplier, set up lean manufacturing at the shop-floor level. By rapidly deploying a combination of the SAP ERP and SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence applications, they were able to create an innovative, decentralized logistics execution system. (Thursday, 1:00pm – 1:20pm, Industries and Lines of Business Campus)
Listen to Mr. Ulrich Brunner from Rheinmetall Air Defence who implemented an efficient Product Change Management process. Rheinmetall moved from a paper-based, manual, stand-alone product change management to a workflow-based, fully integrated, process orientated and transparent change management using SAP PLM. In the Q&A session following the presentation, you can discuss with Mr. Brunner how they set up the project, which results they reached and which challenges they faced. (Thursday, 2:30pm, Industries and Lines of Business Campus).
Endicott Interconnect is a world-class supplier of advanced electronic packaging solutions. Chris Mahoney, Director Information Technologies, will talk about how they took a step towards Operational Excellence in Manufacturing (Tuesday, 2:30pm, Industries and Lines of Business Campus).
Besides the theatre sessions, there are many other activities going on that you should not miss:
- Demo theater sessions – these are scheduled product demo. Plan ahead to attend.
For example: “Improve Collaboration in Product Design in Discrete Industries” (Nov 13,1:00-1:30PM and 3:00 – 3:30PM), or “Improved visibility, performance and efficient manufacturing operations” (Nov 14, 11:30-12:00 and Nov 15,3:00-3:30PM)
- Microforums – these 45-minute interactive discussions on a particular subject are one of the most popular session formats: we offer a great variety of discussions focusing on R&D and Manufacturing topics for Discrete Industries. Check out the agenda builder!
These are just a few highlights. I will give you more details in the weeks to come. If you are still not sure if Madrid is the right place to be in November, perhaps Supertramp could change your mind?
Hope to see you in Madrid in the Industries and Lines of Business Campus. ¡Hasta pronto!