Last week I registered for SAPPHIRE NOW. I started digging around to get a sense of what sessions looked interesting, what I might want to attend and what might be worth pointing out here that would be of interest to others. So here’s a quick intro to spark your interest, and remind you that if you’ve not registered yet, time’s running – no, it’s flying. Rather than fling a bunch of random topics at you, here’s some that look cool organized by SAP’s strategic focus.
- Tues, 12:00 – 12:45 pm, Mobile Microforum 1 Determine Whether Enterprise Mobility Is a Copycat or Trendsetter – This discussion raises the question of how far mobile technology impacts “ancestral” IT. Discover if personalized apps, thin clients, flat learning curves, and social media effectively impact inveterate IT habits. Learn about a new tool from partner Audius that supports enterprise mobility.
- Tues, 3:00 – 3:45 pm, Transform Retail with Mobile Apps to Connect Directly with Consumers (MB 4788) – This discussion shows how to set up direct mobile communications to consumers from manufacturers or retailers. Learn how partner Wipro helps retailers generate consumer demand and offer product education, discounts, and other promotional incentives through mobile devices.
- Wed, 3:00 – 3:20 pm, Power Up Your Business with Partner Mobile Apps (MB 4689) – See how the new mobile apps integrate optimal connectivity, back-end data, and user-friendly interfaces to make your business accessible from any place. Learn how mobile apps from SAP partners can help you transition business processes and get your workforce mobile.
- Thurs, 1:30 – 1:50 pm, See Amazing Apps in Action with EMEA/DACH Mobile App Challenge Winners (MB 4570) – See winners of the EMEA/DACH Mobile Apps Challenge receive their awards from SAP executives for prize-winning mobile apps selected by a jury of mobile experts. The SAP Mobile Apps Partner Program supports SAP partners in building world-class apps on SAP Mobile Platform and selling them through SAP Store.
- Tues. 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm Microforum: Develop a Winning Business Case for SAP HANA (DTS 5185) – This discussion shows how you can get your SAP HANA project off the ground despite budget and resource challenges. Hear SAP value engineering experts and partner BearingPoint explain how they can help you identify relevant use cases to build a winning business case.
- Wed. 12:00 – 12:20 pm Presentation: Utilize SAP HANA to Manage Data Surge from Millions of Smart Meters (PC 6518) – Learn how AGL Energy, a large Australian power retailer, is replacing its electromechanical meters with smart meters in 2.2 million homes and 300,000 businesses. See how the change brings a 4,000-fold increase in data. Hear how AGL partnered with TCS to use SAP HANA to access data and apply it to forecast and enhance business performance.
- Thurs. 12:30 – 12:50 pm Presentation: Achieve Higher Efficiency with End-to-End Solutions (PC 6084) – Learn how SAP customers can get the most from their software investment with certified hardware and services. See how services partners can help increase efficiency in your business with industry know-how, customized software, and high-performance technology.
- Tues. 3:00 – 3:45 pm Microforum: Speed Your Cloud Application Development: Use Our Online Developer Tools (DT 5196) – Presents the online developer tools and resources available to customers, ISVs, and partners building and deploying applications with our platform-as-a-service software. Get a tour of the SAP NetWeaver Cloud software developer site on SAP Community Network.
- Tues. 4:00 – 4:45 pm Microforum: Execute a Virtualization Strategy (DT 5206) – This discussion focuses on points to consider before implementing virtualization technology into your existing IT infrastructure. Hear how customers and partners have initiated and implemented their own virtualization strategies.
- Thurs. 11:00 – 11:45 am Microforum: Learn from Deployments of SAP HANA and Cloud Platforms (DT 5474) – This discussion focuses on how SAP technology partners are deploying SAP HANA and the cloud at customer sites. Review use case scenarios, get updates on the latest platform features, and hear what partners have to say about the customer implementations of SAP HANA.
Share with me sessions you’ve spotted that look interesting. SAP UK has posted another batch of partner success stories, and if you’re on Linked-In, join the SAPPHIRE NOW group to join the discussions there.