Blog it Forward – Sue Dunnell
Thank you to Moshe Naveh for inviting me to the the BIF challenge. I’ve been working with PowerBuilder since 1996, and have been the product manager for 12 years. I am so excited to be part of SAP! There is a lot of energy and focus on developers here, and it seems that everywhere I look, I meet someone else who was a PowerBuilder developer at some point in their career. This is great because PowerBuilder is one of very few products in any industry that has a lot of really loyal fans, and they continue to have a place in their heart for the product, even if they haven’t used it in years. Sure, that may sound corny, but if you’ve used PowerBuilder, you know what I mean because once a PowerBuilder developer, always a PowerBuilder developer.
We are still in the process of integrating into SAP, and it reminds me of when I started at Powersoft. It’s kind of like drinking from a fire hose – so many products and people to get to know and so far, it’s been a very positive experience.
So, some random facts about me….I switched careers in the mid-90s. My prior life was in Criminal Justice but I was always the computer geek of any office I worked in, so switching careers was a good fit. I married my high school sweetheart and we have 3 kids and one crazy and high strung Australian Shepard, and I am a chocolate addict.
To answer Moshe’s three questions:
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- I always thought I’d be a doctor…..I guess there’s always still time!
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- I’t’s a tie – The coast of Maine and Anywhere I am with my family…..it could be a rainy day at home playing a board game or an island or other vacation spot – I feel very lucky that we really like being with each other and all have the same wacky sense of humor.
- What was the most fun project you ever participated in and why?
- Creating our spot on SAP Developer Center. Our customers were waiting for SAP to mention something about PowerBuilder, so it was great to be the first Sybase product to have a presence on the new site!
Hi - Thanks for getting involved in the BIF challenge. Great to hear more about you and what you do, are you able to upload some photos to the post?
If you don't already know new SAP Mentor Bruce Armstrong it's worth making contact. He's also a Power Builder expert!
Actually, Sue and Yakov (the other PowerBuilder SAP Mentor) and I go way back. I can't wait to get to TechEd so I can continue my annual tradition of catching Sue unaware in a less than flattering photo (bad hair day, in the middle of taking a bite of something, etc) and then posting it to my blog... 😛 Didn't start out that way intentionally, she just never likes the photos I post of her.
Thank you so much for sharing about you and your experience. It was very interesting and different to read you BIF. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing exceptional blog. Keep rocking and sharing new innovation and ideas. I love to read your blogs and happy to comment it.
Have a nice day! 😆