Thank you to Moshe Naveh for inviting me to the the BIF challenge. I’ve been working with PowerBuilder since 1996, and have been the product manager for 12 years. I am so excited to be part of SAP! There is a lot of energy and focus on developers here, and it seems that everywhere I look, I meet someone else who was a PowerBuilder developer at some point in their career. This is great because PowerBuilder is one of very few products in any industry that has a lot of really loyal fans, and they continue to have a place in their heart for the product, even if they haven’t used it in years. Sure, that may sound corny, but if you’ve used PowerBuilder, you know what I mean because once a PowerBuilder developer, always a PowerBuilder developer.
We are still in the process of integrating into SAP, and it reminds me of when I started at Powersoft. It’s kind of like drinking from a fire hose – so many products and people to get to know and so far, it’s been a very positive experience.
So, some random facts about me….I switched careers in the mid-90s. My prior life was in Criminal Justice but I was always the computer geek of any office I worked in, so switching careers was a good fit. I married my high school sweetheart and we have 3 kids and one crazy and high strung Australian Shepard, and I am a chocolate addict.
To answer Moshe’s three questions:
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- I always thought I’d be a doctor…..I guess there’s always still time!
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- I’t’s a tie – The coast of Maine and Anywhere I am with my family…..it could be a rainy day at home playing a board game or an island or other vacation spot – I feel very lucky that we really like being with each other and all have the same wacky sense of humor.
- What was the most fun project you ever participated in and why?
- Creating our spot on SAP Developer Center. Our customers were waiting for SAP to mention something about PowerBuilder, so it was great to be the first Sybase product to have a presence on the new site!