Report Conversion Tool Overview
Report Conversion Tool is used to convert Desktop Intelligence reports to Web Intelligence format in the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 platform.
Report Conversion Tool is used to convert the following types of report to Web Intelligence XI 3.1 (WID) format:
- BusinessObjects (REP) reports migrated to Desktop Intelligence (REP) format with the “Import Wizard” (i.e. migrating from a previous deployment of the BusinessObjects Enterprise suite)
- Desktop Intelligence reports created directly in SAP BusinessObjects Desktop Intelligence and based on these data providers:
- a Business Objects universe
- a Microsoft Excel document
- an ASCII file (formats ASC, PRN, CSV and TXT)
- free-hand SQL and stored procedures
Report Conversion Steps
Ø The Report Conversion Tool converts Desktop Intelligence XI 3.1 reports to Web Intelligence XI 3.1 format and publishes the converted reports to the CMS.
Ø It retrieves reports from the CMS in the “Public”, “Favorites” or “Inbox” folders.
Ø Once converted, you can publish to the same folder as the original Desktop Intelligence report or to a different folder.
Ø The tool does not convert all Desktop Intelligence features and reports. The level of conversion depends on the features in the original report. Some features prevent the report from being converted. Other features are modified, reimplemented, or removed by the tool during conversion.
Ø The tool assigns one of three statuses to each report:
· Fully Converted
· Partially Converted
· Not Converted
Ø The Report Conversion Tool also lets you audit your converted reports. This enables identification of reports that cannot be fully converted by the Report Conversion Tool and helps you understand why.