So, apparently, IBM’s TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) for Enteprise Resource Planning now supports Backup/Recovery of data on HANA DB. Since I hadn’t found this information here before, I thought it’d be worth sharing.
Sorry if it’s old news.
According to this document on IBM, it’s available from TSM version 6.4.0 and HANA 1.0 SPS4 (it doesn’t specify which rev). I’m yet to find any information on this within SAP’s website, experiencesaphana.com or SAP Notes.
As soon as I see anything there, I’ll make sure to update this blog.
Here is the content of the document on IBM:
Hardware and Software Requirements: Version 6.4.0 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning V6.4 contains the following components:
- Data Protection for SAP HANA® V6.4.0
- Data Protection for SAP® for Oracle V6.3.0
- Data Protection for SAP® for DB2 V6.3.0
- Administration Assistant for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning V188.8.131.52
The hardware and software requirements for the Tivoli Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning component at level V6.4 are listed below. For requirements related to the components not updated with this release, please refer to the All-Requirements page at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?&uid=swg21219410 to locate the appropriate requirements for the versions you are using.
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning supports valid SAP® environments that meet all requirements listed by SAP, and in addition also meet the specific requirements listed below.
Hardware and Software Requirements for Data Protection for SAP HANA® V6.4:
- Hardware Requirements
- IBM Systems solution for SAP HANA®
For details, refer to http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/solutions/sap/hana/index.html
- Software Requirements
- Operating system options: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 for SAP applications
- SAP HANA® software stack SPS 04
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager API V5.5 or higher.
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager server, any version supported by the TSM API used.
More details on IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Enteprise Resource Planning: