Did you know that the cost for user management, including user master data, assigning privileges, and creating reports, is rising significantly?! When it comes to user management, most IT Departments are facing these common challenges:
- Requesting permissions can be very time-consuming via manual workflows.
- There is a need for reports on permissions and data access for internal and external audits. (Why does a user have a specific permission? Who approved the permission? Which users have the same critical permissions?)
- IT systems have to be integrated into the security concept, and new employees need fast access to business applications.
Fortunately for IT Departments everywhere, SAP has just launched a new rapid-deployment solution for user management that lowers costs and addresses these common challenges (and in less than 5 weeks!)
SAP NetWeaver Identity Management rapid-deployment solution significantly reduces costs by simplifying assignment of roles and privileges to users, and it reduces risk through compliance checks and remediation. With its predefined content, customers are able to implement the SAP NetWeaver Identity Management component in a short timeframe.
Check out this diagram below for an overview of the identity management process:
In addition to the functionality shown in the diagram above, this solution also allows IT Departments to:
- Centrally manage user identities for SAP and non-SAP software systems
- Combine provisioning with compliance and governance through integration with the SAP Access Control application
- Have extensive audit trail, logging, and reporting features through integration with the SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse component
- Use standard-based integration with SAP Business Suite applications
- Utilize rule-driven workflow and approval process
- Centralize, auditable identity data
This rapid-deployment solution offers customers pre-configured identity management functions of SAP NetWeaver® Identity Management 7.2. This ‘out-of-the-box’ solution contains world-wide SAP best practice processes, with a fixed scope, cost, and timeframe. This includes a defined set of customer specific configuration options with a connection of source- and target-systems. In addition, training scenarios are provided to help end user adoption, such as; user provisioning, approval workflows, automatic authorization assignment, mass user administration jobs, and and E-Mail notification framework.
With this new rapid-deployment solution, you get a jumpstart on your SAP NetWeaver ID Management implementation (and with a significantly lower total cost of ownership ).
For more blogs about SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions, click here
Follow SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions on Twitter: @SAPRDS