Before starting you need some files.
- JMeter: http://jmeter.apache.org/
- JAR File for connecting HANA which is included in HANA Client Installation
- A powerfull test machine(s)
After you supplied needed files you can start.
- First copy JAR file that JMeter needs to connect HANA server. (JMeterDIR\bin)
- Run JMeter and just click “Test Plan” and add Thread Group.
- Give it a name
- Right click on your Thread Group and add JDBC Connection Configuration
Enter “Name” and “Variable Name”. Do not forget Variable Name, you will use it later. Then fill “Database Connection Configuration”. You can see an example below.
- Right click on your Thread Group and add “JDBC Request”
Enter “Variable Name” which you entered. It must be same as you entered above. And enter your SQL statement. You can write your SQL on HANA Studio before writing here for syntax checking.
- And last step add “Graph Results” and “View Results Tree”. You can see graphical results in Graph Results and in View Results Tree you can see every request and error.
You can adjust number of threads(users) and Loop count in Thread Group.