Easier Migration to SAP BW powered by SAP HANA…
…with ABAP Post-Copy Automation
for SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW)
To reduce downtime in your production landscape, one of the recommended migration paths from SAP BW to SAP BW on SAP HANA comprises a system copy of your SAP BW system. The system copy procedure of SAP BW systems and landscapes is complex for a number of reasons however. There are a large number of configuration settings (such as connections and delta queue handling for data loading) and system copy scenarios of SAP BW (each with different landscape aspects) for example that have to be handled as part of every system copy, regardless of whether the system copy is part of the migration to SAP HANA or if you want to perform regular system copies of your SAP BW landscape.
SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management offers preconfigured “task lists” used by the ABAP task manager for lifecycle management automation. You can also enable SAP BW powered by SAP HANA to “go productive” with the parallel operation of your existing production system, both connected to the same back end systems. This is achieved using a special and unique automated solution for delta queue cloning and synchronization on the production systems. SAP note 886102 (SMP logon required) thus becomes obsolete. Using the post-copy automation for SAP BW (BW PCA) in the migration process from SAP BW to SAP BW on SAP HANA, this process can be shortened by weeks and becomes easier, faster and more reliable.
- Get an overview by reading the presentation Easier Migration to SAP BW on SAP HANA with Automations to become familiar with the topic.
- You can download the license (ABAP Add-On) of SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management via SAP Service Market Place http://support.sap.com/swdc -> Installations and Upgrades -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP NetWeaver and Complementary Products -> SAP NW LANDSC VIRT MGT ENT -> SAP NW LANDSC VIRT MGT ENT 2.1 -> Installation. Before downloading, it is strongly recommended to read the above mentioned guides thoroughly!
- See the FAQ page and check out the frequently asked questions when using BW Post Copy Automation in a SAP BW on SAP HANA migration context.
- Check out the Document – SAP First Guidance – BW Housekeeping and BW-PCA
- See how to synchronize Planning InfoProviders within the BW PCA Copy methodology.
- For a general overview about Post Copy Automation for SAP BW system landscapes please visit the page System Copy Automation for SAP Business Warehouse System Landscapes
- To get the broader picture around SAP BW migration topics, visit our SAP BW Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) page.
- Get more information about SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management at SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management at a Glance.