SAP Visual Intelligence 1.0.5 was released October 4th according to the Product Availability Matrix. So what is new? SAP Note 1772235 – SAP Visual Intelligence SP05 Release Note says “there are no new features in SP05; this release is to fix a major regression in saving chart thumbnails found in SAP Visual Intelligence SP04”.
At any rate, what was new for me was this:
I simply went to Help > Check inside Visual Intelligence for the new updates (in this case 1.0.5) to install. I didn’t have to log on to Service Marketplace, download an zip file or executable and install it. Ease of installing updates makes life simple. The actual update installed easily and quickly.
This is the first time I have ever experienced not having to go to Service Marketplace for software updates and it is very nice. Life is good – no SAP Download Manager to contend with. So this was a very nice new feature for me as an SAP customer.
Features that came with SAP Visual Intelligence 1.0.4 are listed in SAP Note 1772240:
- IBM DB2 Freehand SQL Support
- Predictive Analysis –Apply trend and linear regression analysis on bar and line charts.
- Export to SAP Explorer – Export a dataset to a SAP Explorer CMS. The dataset can be used to create an information space.
- Moving Average Calculations
- Customized geography hierarchies – use latitude and longitude data to create new geography hierarchies.
Right now Visual Intelligence only supports BI4 .unv files connected to relational databases. The help shows that the following universe types are not supported:
- Universes that exist on the xI 3.x platform
- BI4 .unx file on an OLAP data source
- Universes connected to BW
If you are attending SAP TechEd Las Vegas I encourage you to meet the SAP Visual Intelligence team mentioned this BYOD Visual Intelligence blog and invites you to meet the Dream Team behind Visual Intelligence.
If you are using Visual Intelligence I encourage you to check the Product Availability Matrix frequently – releases are happening at a fast pace. You just don’t have to log on to Service Marketplace anymore to get the updates. Nice!