Test Case Preparation – A neglected but significant skill
While working on any Z development like smart form or Z report or some non-standard functionality, as a functional consultant our primary duty is to prepare test case. If you approach ABAP consultant with any above mentioned requirement, he will not entertain us until & unless you present him a test case which will articulate exact client requirement.
Hence I always feel test case preparation is a significant skill which should be mastered by each functional consultant. It will certainly pay off. But it’s equally true its neglected one.
According to my experience I would like to mentioned few Golden rules of test case preparation. By sticking to these rules, one can make his or her life more comfortable:
1) Test case should always be of multiple line items. If it is more than 10 it would be better.
2) Always try to use different items/materials for each line item.
3) Material quantity should be odd numbers like 17, 19, 29.
4) It’s advisable that prices of material should be in decimal points like 198.25, 500.60 etc.
5) Use all possible text fields in header as well as item fields. Ex. – In commercial invoice test case use all text field like LR No., Delivery instructions etc.
6) Use all possible condition types available in pricing procedure like freight, discount, surcharge, forwarding charges, commission etc.
7) Before preparing test case, please ensure customer master or vendor master should be perfect with all possible entries. Ex. – address in customer master i.e. street 1, street 2, street 3, postal code, email, contact person etc.
8) Try to use CAPITAL LETTERS while providing remarks.
9) For conditional testing, prepare test cases for all kind of possible events.
10) Whenever required incorporate advanced functionality like batch-split, serial number in test cases to explore all kind of possible variations.
At the end, I hope my blog proves to be useful for all SAP professionals. I would love to see your feedback on this blog. Do not forget to write me. If you like this blog & feels that this blog might be useful in any way please do not forget to hit stars (rating) & like button.
May God Bless All of You & All The best for your future 🙂 🙂 .