Collection of SAP HANA assets for easy reference
With All the Facts and Information Readily Available, Why Is It So Tough for Some to Speak Truth About SAP HANA?
It’s difficult to keep up with all of the great content produced around SAP HANA, and therefore some people get really confused about the facts!
Here’s a nice collection of great blogs, videos, articles, and other content that will help you understand the essence and the truth about SAP HANA.
Brand New Stuff!
- Today’s blog from SAP Executive Vishal Sikka to “set the record straight” after a disinformation campaign by the supposed “competition”
- New info on the “Experience SAP HANA” site regarding SAP HANA running on non-SAP applications
- “Business Insider” article with Steve Lucas (yesterday!) titled: “Oracle CEO’s Claim Fries My Brain!”
K Key assets to De-Mystify SAP HANA
- SAP HANA is more than just a database: http://www.experiencesaphana.com/blogs/experts/2012/02/01/latest-sap-hana-whitepaper-reveals-more-than-just-technical-details
- SAP HANA is not merely intended for analytics: http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/news.epx?category=ALL&articleID=18243&searchtext=BusinessOne&searchmode=S&page=1&pageSize=10
- SAP HANA is designed for massive data sets: https://www.experiencesaphana.com/docs/DOC-1647 (SAP HANA Performance Whitepaper)
- Whitepaper – SAP and HP Breaking Analytic Performance Barriers with SAP HANA and HP AppSystems
- SAP HANA works beyond SAP data sets: http://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/alldata
- Why SAP HANA is a Better Choice than Oracle Exalytics http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2011/10/04/why-sap-hana-is-a-better-choice-than-oracle-exalytics/
- Oracle Exalytics: Old Wine in New Wineskins http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2011/10/05/oracles-exalytics-old-wine-in-new-wineskins/
- Do Oracle Customers Deserve a Better Choice? http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2012/01/26/do-oracle-customers-deserve-a-better-choice/
- Larry Ellison and Marc Benioff Just Can’t Agree What is the Cloud http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2011/09/06/larry-ellison-and-marc-benioff-just-cant-agree-what-is-the-cloud/
- Top 10 Reasons SAP HANA is Disrupting Larry Ellison’s Grand Plans http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2011/06/23/the-top-10-reasons-sap-hana-is-disrupting-larry-ellisons-grand-plans/
- Are Brands Entering an Era of Truth in Advertising? http://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/2012/10/02/are-brands-entering-an-era-of-truth-in-advertising
Experience SAP HANA blogs
Directly related to Oracle
- SAP HANA and the Pretenders http://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/blogs/blog/2012/09/10/sap-hana-and-the-pretenders
- The SAP HANA Effect http://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/blogs/blog/2012/05/03/the-sap-hana-effect
- SAP HANA and Exalytics: There is Barely Any Comparison http://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/blogs/blog/2012/09/14/hana-and-exalytics-there-is-barely-any-comparison
- What Oracle Won’t Tell You about SAP HANA
- Setting the record straight on SAP HANA
- HANA vs. Exalytics: an Analyst’s View
- Exalytics is not a “competitor” of SAP HANA
- SAP HANA and the Pretenders
- Does SAP HANA Replace BW? (Hint: No.)
- In-Memory Is Far From Marketing Hype and the SAP Real-time Data Platform Is Inevitable
Other Interesting SAP HANA Blogs
- Intro to BW Powered by SAP HANA
- Back to the Future
- Sweet Smell of Success… PUIG 1st BW on SAP HANA Powered by IBM Customer Live in Spain
- SAP HANA – Scale Out Performance Test Results – Early Findings
- BW Powered by SAP HANA is now Generally Available
- With SAP HANA, the Rear-View Mirror Is Yesterday’s Story
- Run Secure – With SAP HANA
- What do I need to move to SAP NetWeaver BW Powered by SAP HANA
- Making the Move to HANA
- Some External HANA Posts
Video Highlights & Customer Testimonials:
- SAP Precision Retailing Powered by SAP HANA
- SAP Accelerated Trade Promotion Planning powered by SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Transforms Your Business
- SAP In-Memory Computing – Procter & Gamble Customer Testimonial
- SAP HANA helps Federal Mogul to Improve Performance
- SAP HANA helps Booan run better
- Hilti Customer Testimonial
- Charite improves lives with SAP HANA
- In Memory Computing Runs Better with SAP
Other Great SAP HANA Stuff:
- HANA eBook Blog
- SAP HANA E-book – use voucher code: 106BA0DD
- HANA use-cases http://www.experiencesaphana.com/community/resources
- HANA Scale-out announcement http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/press.epx?PressID=18914
Is There More?
Do you have a favorite SAP HANA asset we missed? Share it here!
Get the latest scoop by following #SAP #HANA on Twitter!
Do I have a favourite asset we missed ?
the SCN Wiki,
Mind the Gap between OSS and SCN......."the World's Greatest Collection of SAP Basis NetWeaver OSS Notes !"
contains the largest collection of Hana HowTo and Guidance OSS Notes available on the Internet.
All the best,
Thank you, Andy! Yours is a good one for the technologists.
Here's another new article, just out this morning, via eWeek:
(I know of 7 or 8 interviews that have been conducted, but haven't yet been published, so I will share them here with everyone)
Great job with this Mark and I would challenge the Cloud/SuccessFactors team to come up with a similar document as hopefully it wont take a few comments by Larry or Workday to spur them on.
Jarret: I passed this to the SuccessFactors / SAP Cloud team.
spot on, very good point, the whole community needs the Cloud and SuccessFactors Teams to produce a similar blog to this.
All the best,
A very informative blog.
The below link is also useful for those who want to migrate their BW to the SAP HANA database
Hot off the presses! Many new content items and assets from TODAY:
- Technical blog “Exadata vs. Exalytics”
- Blog around the SAP HANA Distinguished Engineer Program
- First Experience with ABAP for HANA - Evolution or Revolution?
- Video with Puneet Suppal around HANA; He’s live at Oracle Open World
- New HANA blog by SAP customer, SAP Mentor, ASUG leader Tammy Powlas:
- Top 5 SAP HANA Videos on YouTube
- SAP and Oracle Spar Yet Again: Why It’s Different This Time (ASUG)
Great blog to quickly find HANA assets
Another good asset is a HANA value calculator that allows customers to quantify the value of deploying HANA http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2012/05/08/quantify-the-business-value-of-sap-hana
An impressive HANA Showcase
More new assets as of today -- Thursday Oct. 4th at 3pm Pacific time:
10/4 Brand New Assets
- Blog crushing Oracle’s multitenancy claim
- Larry Ellison Quote on in-memory in 2010
- Video around the 100TB HANA scale-out implementation w/ IBM and Intel
- Blog about today's HANA ad (write your own headline)
Headlines "Collection of SAP HANA assets for easy reference" is kind of confusing people if this is related to Asset Accounting, for Financial and Controlling folks, which is not the case. So title is kind of speaking to wrong direction.
Thanks Nishan. Yes, the reference is to "content assets," not "financial assets."
Could be confusing for those steeped in accounting and finance.
Thanks Mark - great selection of HANA assets!
Here's one more short, fun video about the value of BW on HANA - enjoy!
Why is it so tough for some to speak truth about SAP Hana?
Because only a few people still can foresee the impact HANA will have?
Because HANA is a huge threat to a lot of people? (imho not so much to Oracle because they can do it too)
Because SAP is using HANA as a weapon against Oracle in a war that will cost more than it yields?
Because SAP was and is over-hyping a lot of useless junk in the past? (definitely not HANA)
Because a lot of SAP management and sales people have never spoken the truth so far? 😈
Seriously i am a big fan of HANA, it is good to see SAP still can change the world. Keep it up, but as you said everybody should stick to the facts and dedicate to a business rather than seek to destroy opponents.
PS: i almost deleted this post, because a lot of people will probably get me wrong or will feel insulted but that was not really my intent 😕
When you said huge threat ? like what ?, can you come up with scenario which is "out of box ", in which area you are seeing that this tool has fall back ?
1. It send your transaction data directly to HANA DB and from there it move to Disk DB.
2. It has reliable Persistence layer which you take care of your data in case of unwanted failure
3. If any slot failure, next slot take the job, or if many processor failure next board take the job, all this are seemlessly happening in the Hardware box
4. Architecture is made up of Index Server, Name Server, Statistics Server, Preprocessor Server, XS Engine fetch data via HTTP.
Can you please show us some out of box thinking, in which area you are seeing the threat ?
Initially I was also thinking what is different in HANA ? but the more you educate yourself about HANA, the more you know. as always SAP product is an OCEAN of Knowledge and similar is HANA.
HANA will challenge
- traditional databases and their vendors (Oracle RDBMS, SQL Server, DB2), it already killed MaxDB
- third party vendors attached to these databases and all DBA's used to work with them
- a lot of niche vendors of datawarehousing applications
So HANA is not threatening data or leading to loss of data more than other databases. The point was that a lot of people don't want HANA to succeed and thus not tell the truth about it.
We won't always have HANA as an additional database, at least SAP is going very strong to also replace the original database with HANA. And not only for BW systems but for all other applications like ERP and such.
Challenging competitor is the rule of business from tranditioal day, what new about that ?
No Software can over rule other, if they can maintain the consistency, development, and quality in service, if Oracle can provide what their customer want to stay in fast pace business, well and good, if not let other do the job.
SAP acquire Sybase which was leader in Database once, and that a eco-strategy of replaceing original database for all the application to HANA.
Why you need two guys, if one guy can do the same job.