Where & What do SAPINST puts on Unix/Linux during Installation?
During Installation, SAP puts some configuration files and updates existing ones to make SAP system run.
During SAPINST execution, 2 directories created under /tmp/. Those directories can be deleted after installation.
SAP Installation requires the following directories to be created:
- /oracle (for Oracle)
- /sapdb (for MaxDB)
- /db2 (for DB2)
- /sybase (for Sybase ASE)
Following files are updated during installation:
- /etc/security/passwd -> UID, Group Assignment, Home directory (/home/<sid>adm)
- ora<sid> (for Oracle)
- db2<adm> (for DB2)
- sdb (for MaxDB)
- syb<sid> (for Sybase ASE)
- sapadm (for HostAgent)
- /etc/group -> SAP User Groups
- sapsys: <sid>adm
- oper: ora<sid>, <sid>adm (Oracle)
- dba: ora<sid> (Oracle)
- sdba (MaxDB)
- db<sid>adm (DB2)
- /etc/services (SAP Dispatcher, Gateway, Message Server TCP ports)
- /etc/oratab (Oracle specific)
- /etc/sysctl.conf (kernel parameters on Linux)
- /etc/security/limits.conf (group limits)
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.