How to Setup SAP Portal System to Create Incidents in Solution Manager 7.1
To setup SAP NetWeaver Portal System to create Incident in Solman below configuration required to achieve the integration of SAP NetWeaver Portal system to SOLMAN. An iView has to be created and used to send the incident to the local SAP solution Manager Service Desk.
Configure iView via Content Administrator => Portal Content and has to Maintain these Values.
1. User ID (Solution Manager user creating messege)
2. Installation number of the SAP Solution Manager System
3. DBMS short name and release
4. Valid R/3 connection in jcoDestinations.xml in the Portal system Landscape
5. Target SAP Solution Manager Version
To enable this functionality follow below setup:
- The Workplace Plugin need to be installed on Solution Manager (See SAP Note 215609 and 177895 for new (ticket-based) Workplace Single Sign-On procedure)
- Portal users have a valid user ID in the target SAP Solution Manager system. This ID can be defined by user mapping
- The corresponding Solution Manager user must have the authorization to open support notifications (you do not need to implement one-to-one user mapping. It is also possible to map one user to a special user group)
- In federated portal network landscapes, the Request Support application must exist only in the producer portal. If the application exists in both the producer and consumer portals and is activated from a remote-based iView on the consumer, the local version of the application runs in the producer portal – even if that is not the version that is connected to the SAP Solution Manager back-end system.
- The procedure to activate the integration is described in detail in the application help for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/f6/ac978061ac4b24a87a1f821313c4fe/frameset.htm, area SAP Net => WeaverSAP NetWeaver Portal => Portal => Managing the Portal => Supportability =>Troubleshooting =>Using Support Tools => Creating a Service Message => Setting up a Support Desk Scenario.
Please read the following Notes:
SAP Note 641707 – iView EPSolman (Request Support), which contains the most recent information about the Request Support iView.
· SAP Note 1254835 – System data missing with portal messages
· SAP Note 658665 – EPSolman Request Support iView Customization