I want to offer this easy-to-use (i.e. step-by-step, screenshot based, clear guidance for beginners) description how an SCN Guest User gets a SAP NW Cloud Developer Account:
Why? I think that the description http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28197 is not that straight forward and especially for newbies it is easier to follow step-by-step screenshots.
The SCN Guest User (here: Max Mustermann) needs an e-mail address (here: firstname.lastname@example.org)
To get your NW Cloud Developer Account you…
- Part: Register at SCN (SAP Community Network) to get an SCN account (i.e. SCN user/password).
- Part: With this SCN account, you can apply for an NW Cloud Developer Account.
For this execute the two below sections “I. Part: Register at SCN…” and “II. Part: Apply for the NW Developer Account…”
I. Part: Register at SCN to get your SCN Account
- Open http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center
- Choose Register link to open a registration form.
- On the registration form enter the corresponding fields an read and accept the Privacy Statement and the Term and Conditions of SAP Community Network as shown in the screenshot.
- Choose the Continue.
- A registration confirmation message appears. SCN registration will send you immediately an e-mail which you have to open to complete the registration
- Open the SCN registration mail which was sent to your e-mail account
- Choose the Click here to activate your account button and an Account Successfully Activated message will appear.
- Choose then the Continue button. Before you are logged on with your newly created SCN User you might see the following form
- Confirm the unique usename (here max.mustermann6) and choose Log in
- Then you are successfully logged in to SCN with your newly created SCN User (here Max Mustermann)
II. Part: Apply for the NW Cloud Developer Account with your SCN Account
- If SCN Log On page comes up then log on with you SCN user (e-mail and password)
- After clicking the orange right arrow icon you are logged in and the License Agreement is displayed.
- Read the License and if you agree then choose I Have Read And Agree.
- For completing the license agreement you need to specify additional address data (ZIP Code, City and Street).
- Choose Submit. After a short time a SAP NetWeaver Cloud Home Web page will be displayed with the message that you accepted the Developer Software License Agreement and that you now can create your SAP Netweaver Cloud developer account.
- Choose SAP HANA Database as database type for your new developer account and choose Create Account.
- Confirm the successfully created Developer Account message with OK to open your Developer Account Page
- Then you will see your still empty Developer Account Page which means no applications are so far in your Developer Account. No wonder, you‘ve just created it.
Congratulations, with these steps you have finished your SAP NetWeaver Cloud Developer Account creation.
(Note, the screen series above has been updated on 18th Feb. 2013)
And what comes next?
You can continue now to install the NW Cloud Tools and then create your first HelloWorld application and publish and run it on your newly created Cloud Trial Account:
For NW Cloud Tools Installation follow this link:
For creating your first NW Cloud HelloWorld Application follow this link: