Password Rest Functionality Configurations on the SAP Netweaver Engine
SAP NetWeaver Portal is one of the building blocks in the SAP NetWeaver architecture. With only a Web Browser, users can begin work once they have been authenticated in the portal which offers a single point of access to information, enterprise applications, and services both inside and outside an organization. The Netweaver Portal also provides the tools to manage this knowledge, to analyze and interrelate it, and to share and collaborate. With its coherent interface, role-based content, and personalization features, the portal enables you to focus exclusively on data relevant to your daily decision-making processes.
There are many times in the real world scenario that a user might forget the password to access the portal. The functionality to reset password is particularly useful in scenarios for the SRM portals where External Bidder IDs are created by the internal buyers. Under such circumstances having to wait for the password to be reset by the central administrator is redundant.
A procedure listed below covers the steps to provision the reset password functionality. Also configurations can be made to send client specific emails directly to the inbox of the users on rest of the passwords.
- Go to the URL: http://<portal URL>:<port number>/nwa
- Go to the “Configuration Management” Tab. Then go to the “Identity Management” link.
- In the search criteria, select “Role” and then click on “Create Role” button.
- Enter the name of the role and the description for the same, under the “General Information” tab.
- Under the “Assigned Actions” tab, under the “Available Actions” group, search for the following actions:
Add these actions to the role. Click on save.
- In the search criteria, select “Group” and then search for the group “Anonymous Users”.
- Under the details of the group, go to the “Assigned Roles” tab. Under the “Available Roles” group search for the role just created. Then add the role to the group.
- Then click on save.
- The “Get support” link must now be visible on the logon page.
- Under “Identity Management”, click on “Configuration” button. Then click on “Modify Configuration” button and go to the “User Admin UI” tab.
- Under the “Self Registration” section, check the “Generate User Password Automatically”.
- Under the “Logon Help” section, select the disable security question radio button.
Alternatively, the security question can be enabled to improve security. However this functionality can be used only when the self-registration configuration is set.
- Go the “Notification Emails” tab.
- Enter the host name of the SMTP server, and the administrative email addresses(valid email addresses).
- Under the “Logon Help” section, check “User Requests Password Reset”.
- Restart the AS JAVA.
- Follow steps mentioned in the URL, to modify the reset email texts: