Customer Portals @ SAP TechEd 2012 – Your “Show Off” Time
Dear Portal fans and SAP TechEd attendees,
This year we invite you to “show off” your portal implementation and share with the SCN community and the SAP TechEd attendees your portal implementation.
So how will it work? We encourage you to publish a blog describing your SAP NetWeaver Portal implementation. Out of all the blogs published on SCN, we will select 1-3 and share them during the 2012 SAP TechEd conferences. If you are attending TechEd this year and your implementation is selected, we could invite you to join us for that session as the nwportalstars of the year.
You may ask, so… what’s in it for me?! This is your chance to expose your innovative company to other portal customers and increase your brand visibility as a thought leader in this area. In addition this may be the start of a closer relationship with the SAP NetWeaver Portal Product Management team to continuously exchange ideas and influence future directions.
What should you do to participate?
- Anyone who is running an SAP NetWeaver Portal can participate – customers, partners, SAP Employees,…
- Write a blog explaining your SAP NetWeaver Portal implementation (you can add\skip topics, as far as you give a complete overview of your implementation)
- About yourself and the company
- Key business scenario and involved portal capabilities
- Business benefits (e.g. landscape harmonization, TCO reduction, improved processes or user productivity)
Number of users (active / named)
Screenshots (blogs with screenshots will get higher ranks)
Lesson learned from the project
Short recorded demo (upload to YouTube and embed in your blog)
Explain why you think that your SAP NetWeaver Portal should be the portal lead for 2012 (fancy UI, number of users, architecture,…)
Suggest one innovative feature you would like to see in upcoming releases of the portal
- In your blog mention if you plan to attend SAP TechEd and in which location
- Keep your blog short, between 350-700 words; add screenshots, architectural diagrams, recorded demos,…
- Create your blog in the SAP NetWeaver Portal space; add a comment to this blog and link it to your blog (otherwise we will not know about your blog)
Some more guidelines
- Those chosen will be presented in one of the portal sessions at SAP TechEd
- If you are attending SAP TechEd this year and your proposal was chosen, you could join the session to co-present
- We’re opening this challenge for SAP TechEd Las Vegas and TechEd Madrid (TechEd Bangalore TBD)
- Follow this blog to learn about the selected sessions
- Promote your blog via social channels (blogs with higher number of SCN “Likes” will get higher ranks); tweet it to our @Portal_SAP user and use the hashtag nwportalstars
- Your blog should be submitted by:
- For TechEd Las Vegas: October 12th
For TechEd Madrid: November 7th
Let’s start blogging! Amir, Thomas and Aviad are looking for your blogs and waiting to announce the winners for 2012!
See you all onsite at TechEd,