October is fast approaching and do you know what season it is? MLB Baseball playoffs AND SAP TechEd! A double header of sorts.
One of my fondest memories when I was growing up was heading to the ball park to watch my favorite team, the Philadelphia Phillies. Since I loved to keep score and follow the other team (but did not really know them as well as the Fightins), I needed a scorecard. In fact, my dad and I would always pass the same program guy, who would break through the crowd in a great scratchy voice “you can’t know the players with out a scorecard”. By having a scorecard and knowing the players, I had a much better game-time experience! Since this IS baseball and SAP TechEd season … I thought I would give you my recommendation of the official and unofficial social media ambassadors at this year’s big October Event, SAP TechEd, so you can have the best possible experience.
- Expert Background: Most social media ambassadors are experts in their field and have incredible credibility in their respective fields, so their pre- and at-event content is value-add to your experience. By following this group you will receive a stream of relevant SAP TechEd event and topic background from each ambassador or expert.
- Focused On A Topic: Ambassadors typically focus their attention in a specific area, HANA, for example. By following one or a collection, you can ensure you receive event coverage across the entire SAP TechEd event. for your particular interest area.
- Accessibility: SAP TechEd social media ambassadors that are accessible to the inside scoop and get get behind the scenes (literally with ‘back stage’ passes. They do not just pump content out onto social media platforms. Rather, they will engage you early and relevantly with truly original content!
- Storytellers: We all love a story and by leveraging a social media ambassador you can get the most complex technology in layman terms so your Grandma can understand.!
- Social Ninjas. Most social media ambassadors are social ninjas, so you will receives photos, Instagrams, videos and message in the most easy-to-consumer and best-practice way possible! A great cable television analogy here is getting the content in “HD vs. analog”.
- Close To The Market: Most social media ambassadors are local-ish to the venue and especially to the business or solution area, so they’re closer to the issues and the customers that will be attending the live event.
This year’s social media team to follow are:
Key Event Accounts and Hashtags
On-site TechEd Social Media Ambassadors
- Gerry Moran @GerryMoran
- Christine Godek @cgodek
- Kevin Cassidy @SocialKev
- Chrissy Bryant @ChrissyLaine
SAP Social Media & SAP TechEd Event Leaders
- Mark Yolton @MarkYolton
- Chip Rodgers @ChipRodgers
- Brian Ellefritz @BrianEllefritz
- Brian Rice @BrianRice
- William Robb @BillRobSAP
- Jeanne Carboni @JTCarboni
- Thorsten Franz @thorstenster
- Ethan Jewett @esjewett
- Susan Keohan MIT @skeohan
- Gretchen Lindquist @GretchenL070
- Harald Reiter of Deloitte @hreiter
- Jamie Oswald @oswaldxxl
- Mico Yuk @mikoyuk
- Greg Myers @gpmyers
- Tridip Chakraborthy @tridipchakra
- Thomas Jung @ThomasJung
- Marilyn Pratt @MarilynPratthttp://twitter.com/marilynpratt
- Jon Reed @jonerp
- Hull David @sapdba
- Greg Chase @GregChase
- Matthias Steiner @steinermatt
- Richard Hirsch @rhirsch
- Martin Gillet @mgillet
- Alvaro Tejeda @blag
- Gregor Wolf @wolf_gregor
- Tamara Powlas @tpowlas
- DJ Adams @qmacro
- John Appleby @appleby
- Karin Tillotson @karin_tillotson
- Rich Heilman @richheilman
- Vitaliy Rudnytskiy @sygyzmundovych
- Vijay Vijayasankar of IBM @vijayasankarv
Other SAP Experts
- Tim Guest @timtheguest
- Fred Verheul @fredverheul
- Kumud Singh @singhkumud
- Rui @Nogueira @ruinogueira
Anne Hardy @annehardy
- Gigi Read @ggread
- Sylvia Santelli @sylviasant
- Simon Dale @simondsap
So, take me out to SAP TechEd, take me out to the best SAP game in town …..
PS. If I missed anyone on this list, please add him or her in the comment area! See you in Las Vegas!
Director, NA Social Media Marketing