We are very glad to announce that SAP has released the latest Service Packs (SP) for Duet Enterprise 1.0 FP1 and SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0.
1. ODATA Development Channel Support
Duet Enterprise is now offering the option to leverage the popular OData Development Channel, ODC, for applications running on Duet Enterprise Feature Pack 1 Service Pack 03 and SharePoint 2010.
2. Enhanced and New Generator Tools for Developers
Developers will benefit from enhanced and new generator tools included in a new “Service Builder” and will also be able to develop their solutions in the backend system itself.
• Generic channel development will still work and is still supported going forward (SOAP is also supported in Duet Enterprise 2.0 / SharePoint 2013)
• In parallel new developments can happen via ODC and be used via the new OData SOAP Bridge in Duet Enterprise 1.0 / SharePoint 2010
• ODC also allows development in the backend system which can provide more flexibility for custom developed solutions
• ODC development / generation is continuously being enhanced by SAP NetWeaver Gateway and Duet Enterprise benefits from that
• Using ODC + SOAP Bridge development allows a simpler migration from Duet Enterprise 1.0 / SharePoint 2010 to Duet Enterprise 2.0 / SharePoint 2013
Please download these new components from http://service.sap.com/patches