SAP BI 2004s or SAP BI 7.x. For more information, visit the Business Intelligence homepage.
This Document describes how to create user–defined functions Using Business Add-Ins (BAdIs), and the Decision between Multiple Alternatives process type we can set the process chains to execute conditionally.
Author(s): Monalisa Mohanty
Company: Accenture Services Pvt Ltd.
Created on: 12 September 2012
Monalisa working with Accenture has almost five years of experience in SAP BI with ABAP and IP skills. She has worked on various SAP implementations and production support projects.
Table of Contents
Go to Transaction Code SE18. 3
Use transaction SE24 to create a class ZCL_GET_USER_REGION. 6
Use transaction RSPC to create the process chain with the below process type. 8
Related Content 9
Using Business Add-Ins (BAdIs), user-defined functions, and the Decision between Multiple Alternatives process type we can set the process chains to execute conditionally. For example, we can set up the process chain to select between alternative paths, stop execution based on certain criteria, or prevent further transactional data loads until master data is fixed.
The four steps to facilitate conditional process chain execution using a BAdI implementation with a user-defined function in the Formula Builder transformation. This method applies to SAP NetWeaver BI 7.0.
The Process Chain in this example execute the process chain based on the decision making between based on the sales organization to which the user belongs and execute the local chains accordingly. Both will contain the deletion steps for some target regional cubes and just one local chain should be executed at a time. If the user belongs to US will be executed the US target chain deletion. Instead if the user belongs to GB will be executed the GB target chain deletion.
Step By Step Implementation Guide For Decision Making in Process Chain:
Go to Transaction Code SE18.
1. 1. Go to Transaction SE18. Give the BADI Name RSAR_CONNECTOR (standard BADI). Then Go to Implementation menu and click on create. The standard BADI which needs to use is RSAR_CONNECTOR.
1. 2. Enter the ABAP code so the system recognizes the user-defined function in Formula Builder. To enter the code, double-click on GET.
1. 3. In the Class Builder screen that appears,Check the parameters
1. 4. Now go to the method of the above class and implement the code for passing the custom function. Where in the detail function name is passed.
Ad And this custom user function will be called in the process chain.
Use transaction SE24 to create a class new ZCL_GET_USER_REGION
1. 5. Create the class ZCL_GET_USER_REGION with a method USER_REGION. Figure 5 shows the Class Builder screen with the method entered. Select Static Method for the Level, set the Visibility to Public, and enters a Description for the method.
1. 6.The parameter to be passed are:
7. Write your detail coding in the class for the decision making in process chain based on the condition provided.
Use transaction RSPC to create the process chain with the below process type
1. 8. Create the process chain and drag the process type decision between multiple alternatives.
No 9. Now click on create new formula and we can see the custom formula user defined functions is available.
Th 10. The detail process chain will look like this.
Once the process chain is completed now schedule the process chain and execute it.
The chain will run as per the region to which the users belong to.
For more information, visit the https://www.scn.sap.com