HOLLYWOOD, Fla. — SAP today announced the winners of the Best-Run Utilities awards. The company presents the awards annually to recognize North American customers for excellence and innovation in their visionary plans and successful implementations of SAP solutions. The announcement was made at the SAP for Utilities North American conference, being held in Hollywood, Florida, from September 9-12, 2012.
Utility companies are operating in a challenging environment, with fluctuating energy prices, rapidly evolving technology and increasing demands from customers for innovative services. Leading companies are turning to SAP to help streamline processes, manage risk and create new, more profitable business models.
This year’s award winners include:
- Top Innovator – Mobility: CenterPoint Energy plans to launch an enterprise-wide mobile platform to drive improvements for customers and employees.
- Top Innovator – Technology: Southern California Edison successfully implemented the SAP HANA® platform for real-time analytics, reinforcing its position as a first-mover in adopting new technology to drive significant business benefits.
- Top Innovator – Technology: Hydro One continues to demonstrate commitment to meeting customer needs while working toward building the grid of the future by completing projects that span the complete value chain of its business.
- Project of the Year, U.S.: TECO Energy completed one of the most clean, trouble-free and cost-effective implementations of SAP Business Suite software in the industry.
- Project of the Year, Canada: FortisBC finalized its new customer information system and opened new British Columbia-based customer service centers in 2011. The project was delivered on time and below budget.
- Utility of the Year: American Water recently launched the first phase of a major business transformation that is focused on providing improved customer service and greater operational efficiency.
“The awards celebrate top customer projects that show excellent vision, planning, project management and execution, as well as delivery of significant business benefits quickly and smoothly,” said Stefan Engelhardt, global head, Utilities, SAP. “We congratulate the winners and applaud their stories, which demonstrate the transformative power of our solutions in the hands of customers dedicated to innovating for the future.”
For more information on the SAP for Utilities North American conference, visit www.sap-for-utilities.com and follow the conference on Twitter at @sapforutilities. To learn more about the SAP for Utilities solution portfolio, visit www.sap.com/utilities. For more information, visit the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
Kate McNeel, +1 (484) 624-2256, firstname.lastname@example.org, CDT