My name is Aviad Rivlin and I am a Product Manager in the SAP NetWeaver Portal team. I am working with the SAP NetWeaver Portal product for the last 8 years in various positions: Quality Assurance, Consulting, Development, and these days, (the most interesting position) Product Management.
I was ‘forwarded’ by Yariv Zur to join this challenge. Thanks Yariv, but next time if you have any question, just step into my room, the room adjacent to yours, and ask me .
Where would you live, if you couldn’t live where you do today? I am a true lover of Israel and for good or for worse I would never leave this county for a long time. But… I wouldn’t resist living for 2-3 years in a foreign country to feel the local culture and atmosphere. Here are my top 3 places to re-locate to: Auckland, New-York and Vancouver (and… Paris, Amsterdam, Vienna, Sydney… just pick one from this list).
And back to Israel… I would like to highly recommend all of you to come and visit one of the most amazing places on earth. Parties, historical sites, great sea and awesome people – all these are located in a small country – ISRAEL.
Hasso is on the phone – you get to pick your dream job in SAP. What would it be? Ahh… that’s really easy. I truly love my job today of “gluing” between our products and our customers. Doing the same for SAP HANA – the most visionary SAP product for years, a true game changer, can be a great adventure. Hasso, do you hear me…?!?!
What do you enjoy most in your work and why? No doubt that being the “glue” between our products and our customers is a fascinating position. I must admit that it is not always easy to “glue” between all parties, but being able to create a very open and truthful relations with our customers, strive for true feedback about what is good and where should we improved, then after few months, come back to the customer with a new and improved product version – this is a truly satisfying moment. The next steps would be to showcase the implementation at SAP TechEd Las-Vegas, which is the real fun part of my work.
This picture above was taken during our trip to North America which was one of THE fascinating trips I had. Starting in Seattle, through all the amazing national parks (Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Teton,…) back to Seattle, up to Vancouver and back home-sweet-home. Highly recommended trip for everyone!
I would like to blog it forward to:
- Peter Di Giulio – I met Peter about a year ago and came across a person who makes SAP such a great place to work for! Peter is not an active SCN contributor as far as I know, but it may be a good starting point.
- Dong Pan – one of my good “virtual friends” and a person with whom I am working for few years now but never met in person. Maybe we are not attending enough conferences…
- Thomas O. Rasmussen– one of a small number of architects who understand the SAP NetWeaver Platform vision inside out (Mark Finnern – Thomas is a great candidate for the next SAP Mentors selection round).
Guys, please answer one or more of the following question:
- If you weren’t in your current position, where would you be?
- What is the best working experience you had? Is there a way to make it happen again?
- If you could live anywhere you would like, where would it be?
Let’s Blog it Forward…