Companies operating in business partner networks often struggle with the disadvantages associated with the complexity of such networks. For example:
- Supporting many different standards or business partner specific implementations of these standards
- Complex environments aggravated by partners using different B2B EDI standards
- Frequent changes in the partner network, with new partners to on-board or modifying existing partner profiles by switching their B2B EDI to a different standard or new technology
If companies can overcome these challenges, they could significantly increase efficiency and simplify relationships with their trading partners.
SAP Information Interchange OnDemand is precisely designed to address these challenges. It is a flexible, fixed-cost solution that accommodates the ever-changing world of B2B e-commerce by providing a B2B content engine—combined with business partner profiles. It allows you to connect once to the network, thereby eliminating the need for point-to-point integration and standards enforcement.
SAP Information Interchange OnDemand is an automated and fully integrated B2B electronic data interchange solution. It increases efficiency and simplifies the relationships between your business partners and your organization. Watch this video to learn more about SAP Information Interchange OnDemand:
The only unanswered question so far is: How do you connect your on-premise systems with the SAP Information Interchange OnDemand? This is exactly why we offer the SAP Information Interchange OnDemand rapid-deployment solution, which bridges your on-premise SAP ERP systems to SAP Information Interchange OnDemand.
SAP Information Interchange OnDemand rapid-deployment solution covers multiple aspects of the OnDemand / OnPremise integration. The first one is a secure and reliable connection between your on-premise systems and SAP Information Interchange OnDemand via SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration. The rapid-deployment solution provides best practices and guides to setup such secure and reliable connection allowing you to go-live in only a few weeks. Additionally, we offer a connectivity test service to verify the connection between the on-premise ERP systems and SAP Information Interchange OnDemand.
After establishing and successfully testing the connectivity, you can benefit from the predefined and preconfigured rapid-deployment content for the Order-to-cash process. With this rapid-deployment content, SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration is able to translate IDOCs into the native SAP II XML format and become the turnkey connector between your ERP systems and SAP Information Interchange.
Our rapid-deployment solution content enables inbound and outbound conversion of the following business documents:
- Order changes
- Purchase order acknowledgments
- Advanced shipment notifications
- Goods receipts
- Traditional or self-billing invoices
The service part of the rapid-deployment solution can be implemented by SAP or by a certified SAP Partner and covers:
- Project initiation, kick-off workshop, and schedule for project planning
- Deployment of the service to test connectivity between SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration and SAP Information Interchange
- Configuration of the SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration and SOAP Adapter to exchange XML messages with SAP Information Interchange
- Deployment of mapping templates from IDOC into SAP Information Interchange message format to exchange business documents
- Knowledge transfer workshop and optional configuration of SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration to exchange business documents with business partners via SAP Information Interchange
- Go live support
With this content and service you can significantly reduce the time and cost needed to integrate your on-premise systems with SAP Information Interchange OnDemand
It is very important to know that using SAP Information Interchange OnDemand does not prevent you from communicating point-to-point with selected partners when desired. By using SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration to integrate your on-premise ERP systems with SAP Information Interchange OnDemand, you are able to enjoy a hybrid B2B EDI Solution supporting your on-demand business partner network as well as direct point-to-point communication.
In addition to the SAP Information Interchange OnDemand rapid-deployment solution, we are offering a second B2B EDI related Rapid Deployment Solution for point-to-point communication which is based on our new SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration, business-to-business add-on. Combined, these two rapid-deployment solution offerings enable you to simultaneously exchange business documents with your trading partners using either approach – thus allowing your company to run better in weeks.
Follow SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions on Twitter: @SAPRDS