Adding power to the Procurement of Services using Service (Un) Bundling with SAP SRM 7.0 #EhP2
Q) How many of you have had issues with the services from SRM getting bundled into one line in the ECC side and getting multiple Service masters bundled under that one item?
The answer is everybody!!!!!!
This has been the pain area for almost all the SAP Procurement users that have had to create Shopping carts/PO or any other procurement document from SRM and when replicated back to ECC, would get bundled and loose the one-to-one relation.
Q) What is Service Bundling?
Service bundling maps the service items from SAP SRM to the line items on a SAP ERP purchase order.
Now, let’s go a step further to understand, how “bundling” impacted the process:
- The issue limited the ability for purchasers to process service items individually for accounting and follow on activities.
- All the line items had to have the same account assignment, GR/IR Indicator
2.0 Understanding the constraint prior to EhP2 – Bundling
Service items in SAP SRM were bundled as service lines under one service item when the SRM purchase order was transferred to SAP ERP which led to inconsistent behavior and caused confusion.
This is what happened prior to EhP2
This is a snap-shot to see the SRM->ECC flow in one view, to see a more detailed view on the constraint, the screen-shots are provided immediately below this snap-shot for a better understanding
SRM Purchase Order – with un-bundled services – unique lines
ECC Purchase Order with services getting bundled upon replication
3.0 Overcoming the constraint with EhP2 – (Un) Bundling
- There is now one service item for each service or limit item in SAP SRM.
- If there are limit items attached to the service items in SAP SRM, then the system passes the corresponding limit information to the service item created in the SAP ERP system. Multiple limit items are allowed in the same shopping cart and each will get replicated as a separate service item (type D) in ERP.
What carries forward with legacy documents?
- All purchasing documents created before activating this switch will continue to process as they did in previous releases. Only new purchasing documents created after switch activation will have this feature enabled.
You have seen the screen-shots above for the Bundling, now let’s see, how SAP has (Un) Bundled this constraint
SRM Purchase Order with the Services as individual lines
Replicated ECC Purchase Order with the (Un) Bundled lines
4.0 How Do I activate this feature inside SAP SRM 7.0 EhP2?
You can activate the switch for this feature in customizing for SAP SRM under SRM Server -> Sourcingà Activate/Deactivate Service bundling
Switch: SRM_CONT_IMPR_2: Service Bundling (SRM_702_SERVICE_BUNDLING_PO)
Pls note that this switch is non-revertible.
5.0 Summary & What more to look from SAP SRM 7.0 Ehp2 innovations
First of all, thanks a lot for your comments and responses to our SAP Procurement Sustainability blog and we are sure that you are definitely consuming this information and building your strategy for ramp-up, there are some more topics to cover under EhP2, but we have given you most of it with 10 Sequels, am sure you can tune into all of them using this summary blog which is a redirect to them
You can connect with us using Social Media outreach platforms for SAP Procurement, check below
6.0) SAP Procurement social_media outreach channels
Hope to see you sign-up and follow our via all our Social Media Outreach channels
7.0) SAP Procurement handles & Hash-tags to follow