Run WDA Application and Call OCI Catalog to add Materials
User Access External Vendor Catalog
User Procure the materials and Submit the form
All the items are populated in Underlying Business Process Application
User Validates the material Item
User Submit’s the Business Application in ECC.
Web Dynpro ABAP based Business application should be capable of calling an external product catalog.
- Vendor supplied external product catalog should be launched from WDA application
- Transfer selected materials from product catalog to WDA Application.
- Configure WDA Application into Netweaver Portal and run the above scenario.
Data required to create Business application items, can be directly transferred from the external catalog to the WDA application.
OCI Catalog / External Vendor Catalog
- Open Catalog Interface (OCI) is the standard format used by SAP Supplier Relationship Management when connecting to external punch-out catalogs.
- The OCI format is used to define the field mapping between the supplier’s catalog and the SAP SRM shopping cart, to ensure that the data is transferred accurately and completely between source and receiver. This standard is used instead of XML or cXML.
How can we Implement OCI using Web Dynpro ABAP in ECC 6.0 ?
Create a Z structure for OCI Catalog Return Items using include- WSI_OCI_ITEM_S.
This Structure will be used to handle returnedMaterials from OCI Catalog
Create a Web Dynpro Component, eg. ZWDA1.
Create a View, eg VW_ZWDA1.
Create a Node ND_MATERIAL to handle Materials from OCI Catalog in View VW_ZWDA1.
Create a table in view VW_ZWDA1 and bind it to node ND_MATERIAL.
Create a Button BTN_CAT to launch OCI Catalog.
Create a Outbound plug OUT_WN_ZWDA1.
Call the outbound plug OUT_WN_ZWDA1 from BTN_CAT.
Create a Window WN_ZWDA1 and embed the view VW_ZWDA1.
Create an inbound plug IN_VW_ZWDA1.
Create navigation link between OUT_WN_ZWDA1 from view VW_ZWDA1 and IN_VW_ZWDA1.
Create a Outbound plug TO_CAT of Type – SUSPEND in window WN_WDA1 to call Catalog with Importing Parameters-
Type – TIHTTPNVP and String.
Fill these Importing parameters in handler event of inbound plug – IN_VW_WDA1.
Call Outbound plug TO_CAT from handler event of inbound plug – IN_VW_WDA1.
Create a Inbound Plug FROM_CATALOG of type Resume to return from catalog.
Create two web services in SICF transaction to handle Outbound and Inbound call to and from Catalog.
Suspend Plug Parameters
- URL – Address to Outbound handler Service-
Contains Parameters to call Catalog-
- Catalog URL
- Username & Password
- HOOK URL / Return URL
Get the attached Parameters from URL to get selected material data.
Assign the selected materials to node on screen VW_ZWDA1 to display them on the table.