Blog It Forward – Gali Kling Schneider
Please read Moshe Naveh’s post if you are not familiar with the Blog It Forward Challenge.
My name is Gali Kling Schneider and I’m proud to be both an American and Israeli citizen. My native language is ‘Hebrish’ (aka Engrew). I’m a happy blend of both my cultures. I try to mind my manners but in the direct fashion of an Israeli. Therefore I politely ask if I can stand first in line 😉
Moshe ‘Blogged It Forward’ to me. Be sure to check out his picture – a one of a kind SAP poster if I ever saw one! He specifically wanted me to address the following questions:
What was your dream job as a kid? Wow there were so many; from dancer to teacher, from author to radio DJ…I’m still deciding 🙂
What is your favorite place in the world? I’m like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, there is no place like home…
I’d like to share fun facts about Israel:
- In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).
- Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship – and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 – in the world.
- Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees (go green!)
Israel is a beautiful country with many historic sights. Near the Dead Sea (the lowest point in the world!) in the Judea Desert lies the Zohar Fortress. This image was taken there when I was pregnant with my second son.
What do you most enjoy on SCN? The community itself obviously! I believe that the social interactions (with enriching discussions) are the backbone of SCN. That is why I’m taking a group facilitation course. The course enables me to reach a greater understanding and gain new tools to help facilitate these interactions and collaborations.
These interactions always begin with the individual community members which is why my two favorite SCN documents are the Moderator Spotlight Showcase and the SCN Member of the Month Hall of Fame. They allow us, like the ‘Blog It Forward’ challenge to get to know our global community members and the interactions between them from a new viewpoint.
Share a fun fact about yourself that people don’t know? Combining my love of travel and natural curiosity of people and cultures, I co-authored a book chapter entitled: “Traveling Cultures”: Israeli Backpackers, Deterritorialization & Reconstruction of Home” which was published in the book, ‘Israeli Backpackers From Tourism to Rite of Passage’.
What is the best resource of information in SCN? This is hard to answer since there are so many wonderful resources on SCN! However I’ll share one that I use continuously, the SCN Space Contact List which not only shows all the SCN spaces but also their moderators and space editors!
I’m proud to work at SAP Labs and therefore chose to ‘Blog It Forward’ to five interesting and diverse company employees:
- Mickey Steiner – Managing Director, SAP Labs Israel
- Yariv Zur – Solution Manager, NetWeaver User Productivity
- Amir Blich – Head of SAP Portal Portfolio GTM
- Mor Sagmon – SAP Research, Business Development, University Alliances Program Manager, Israel
- Shay Barry – Director, eChannels Solution Management
- Adi Krysler – Community Marketing Coordinator, Integrated Digital
I would ask that they please answer one or more of the following questions:
- A fact(s) about SAP Labs Israel the community might not be familiar with
- Share one person who influenced you greatly and why
- What is your favorite SAP event and why
Please be sure to follow the Blog It Forward Chain to see where it will lead…