“Blog It Forward“ is a new and exciting blogging challenge on SCN. One blog will start a journey where you’ll get to know other SCN members like never before. We will read about their dreams, ambitions and what fascinates in the world of SAP. The Blog It Forward Chain will list all the blogs of the people who joined the challenge. There is only one thing that is essential for this to happen and that is you 🙂 .
You might have seen the “Pay it Forward” movie, where one kid starts a good deeds chain that impacts thousands of people in his community. Well, I believe that our “Blog It Forward” challenge can be the cyber version of the movie concept.
I will kick off the challenge by posting the first “Blog It Forward” (BIF) blog. I wrote this blog according to the template and guidelines provided below. The people that I will “Blog It Forward” to will pass the baton to their fellow community members (friends, colleagues, etc.). Their friends and their friends’ friends will do the same. This will create an amazing international web of people, stories and interesting perspectives of SAP topics.
Below you will find additional instructions and information on how to engage in the “Blog It Forward” Challenge. Feel free to be creative and innovative when you post. Any registered SCN member that was blogged forward to can join this challenge, even if she or he hasn’t blogged before. If you haven’t been blogged it forward to and wish to join please request it in this table and someone will “Blog It Forward” to you 🙂 .
“Blog It Forward” structure template:
· Your blog title should be “Blog It Forward- Your Name”
· Mention by whom you were blogged forward by and link to his BIF blog
· Add the BIF tag to your blog
· Provide an intro of yourself
· Share a fun fact about your country or yourself
· Add a cool picture of yourself or your homeland/town
· Answer specific questions that were “Blog It Forward” to you
· Answer 3-4 optional questions from the bank of questions provided below. Or choose to answer questions you make-up on your own.
· Create 1-2 personalized questions you would like to blog forward
· List at least 2 people who you are blogging it forward to. Share why you choose them. Link to their SCN profile by typing @ and then their name (e.g. @HisName).Be sure to get their approval and verify that they haven’t joined BIF yet.
· Ask the community to follow the Blog It Forward Chain in order to be updated when the people you “Blog It Forward” to post the links to their “Blog It Forward” blogs.
Some important guidelines that will spice things-up :
· Use your social media channels: Facebook,Twitter (use the tag #BlogItForward )etc. to promote your BIF blog or use the social media buttons above
· Be sure to get the consent of the people you “Blog It Forward” too, before you list their names
· Once you post your “Blog It Forward” blog, please update the Blog It Forward Chain with your information and follow it
· Guide the people who you “Blog It Forward” to, to read this blog and instructions before joining the “Blog It Forward” challenge
· If you have any question or would like to suggest new questions, please use the comments section below
· Check if there are pending to join BIF so you can meet new friends and blog it forward to them:)
· Keep your blog crispy, between 350-700 words
· Post your blog in the SCN space that you feel most related to. If you are not sure, you can use the About SCN space.
Example for blog questions (you can also make-up your own questions):
· If you were 20 again, what would you study?
· How do you think the way you were raised affects your Career?
· Share a fun fact/story about yourself that people don’t know
· Describe in one short sentence: “what need does your SAP solution meet”
· Which 5 things do you absolutely want to achieve in life?
· What is the best lesson your parents taught you?
· If you could be a super hero (or are in your spare time) who would you be?
· What do you enjoy most in your work and why?
· What is your personal life dream?
· What is your professional life dream?
· Share an interesting/funny story related to your product
· If you were given by your work a full day every week to do whatever you feel like, what would it be?
· Recommend resources of information that helped you in your work
· What do you imagine or predict is the future of your topic? (Mobile, Cloud etc., be creative be daring, be entertaining)
· Do you know any other cool/very unique solutions related to your topic?
· Name the person who affected you most in your career/ way of thinking and why?
· What do you think are the key elements for a successful project?
· What was the most fun project you ever participated in and why?
· If you were not in your current position, what/where would you be and why?
· What do you most enjoy on SCN?
· What is the best resource of information on SCN?
I’m very excited to launch the “Blog It Forward” Challenge, and will do so by linking you to my “Blog It Forward” blog. Be sure to bookmark and follow this blog and the Blog It Forward Chain in order to be updated as new people and topics join “Blog It Forward”. If you have any questions about “Blog It Forward” please use the comments section below.You can also suggest new questions in the same way.
Follow me on twitter (@MosheNaveh) to be updated when a cool “Blog It Forward” blog is posted.
Good luck to us and most importantly, have fun 🙂 .