Here are a few features in HANA Studio that I feel are missing from the standpoint of a Studio developer / HANA Admin:
- In SAP NW it is very easy to use an existing user id to act as a template for creating a new user id. This feature is extremely useful in non production environments. In SAP HANA studio this feature is not available as result of which every time when a new user has to be created the admin has to manually add all the required privileges one by one manually, which is quite time consuming.
- Select Analytic Privileges
- It takes a lot of time to display the list of available analytic privileges while adding a privilege to a user. Also the mandate of having at least two characters for searching a privilege is not necessary. all the privileges should appear in the list as soon as the selection screen is opened.
- Table Creation – Custom DATA TYPES
- While creating a table in HANA studio, it would have been veryhelpful if custom data types could be used. e.g. Often i have seen the need to add a currency field to a table, but every time I have to manually define it as VARCHAR (3). I wish I could create a custom data type for currency and reuse it when I needed a currency field in a table.
- Table Edit – Changing Keys
- In HANA Studio it is not possible to change the table keys once the table has been created. The only option available is to delete the table and recreate it.
- Table Edit – Changing Data Types
- I tried changing the data type of an active table, but it was not possible. I had to delete the field and append the filed at the end of the table. Apparently it is also not possible to add a field in between. All new fields must be appended at the end of the definition!
As and when I find something new, I will add it to this post.