Steps to create Generic Data Source (Time Stamp based on view/Table)
- Goto RS02 Tcode and Fill all the required details with table or view name.
2. After clicking on save button it will asked for request so you can save it in local object then it will show below screen in which Extract structure is been created with all the field name in that given table / View . Here you can do validation on every field in the extractor e.g. you can check as Selection (as shown in RSA3), Hide (not shown in output list, Inversion (- value for Key Figure), Field Only (only use in customer Exit ). Click on save button again.
3. Click on Generic Delta again then following screen will get populated on right hand side and in this we can give delta functionality on Cal Day, Numeric Pointer, Timestamp (UTC/Local). Select Timestamp field from the delta specific field as shown with Timestamp as UTC.
4. In above screen shot we can give upper limit as 300 seconds i.e. 5 minutes means it will fetch the data from the last init or delta till the
(Current time – 5 min).if you are using DSO then u can click radio button as (New Status for changes Records) or else if Cube then use (Additive Delta). Just Click on Save.
5. After creation of Generic Delta Using Timestamp you can replicate the data source in BW and then you can do INIT (check the data source appears in RSA7) after that schedule delta.