Employee Travel and Expense Management (EEM)
The Employee Travel and Expense is an automation procedure in SAP HCM which allows the travel requests and trip expense statements to be created in SAP.
These is linked directly to the FI Module .
Terminologies Involved :
- Trip – Any travel that is done by an employee who is eligible for reimbursement . A trip begins at the time the traveler leaves source for destination until the time they return back
- Travel Request – A document that estimates the expected expenses to be committed to a particular trip and their source of funding.
- Trip Expense Report – A document that lists the actual expenses incurred on the trip and their source of funding. All employee-reimbursable expenses should be listed for a trip .
Entering a Travel Request :
- Menu Path – Accounting->Financial Accounting-> Travel Management->Travel Expenses-> Travel Expense Manager
- Transaction Code – PR05
Trip details for the Employee :
Create a Trip Request : Click on CREATE
The Pop-up screenshot as below :
Trip Schema – The trip schema ensures that the masks for entry types correspond to the respective trip type (for example, several-day international trip). Table
T706S – Trip Schema and T706T- Names for trip schema .
Trip Segment :
Enter a Trip details date-wise :
Trip number will be generated .
Now click on “Results” . This will Stimulate the Trip
Now the status of TRip will be Trip Completed .
Travel Request Approval Process :
1) Travel Request entered by Employee
2) The Travel request will be send to Employee’s Supervisor as a mail notification .
3) The Supervisor can Approve / Reject / Send for Corrections the Travel Requests .
4) Mail will be send to Employee accordingly .
5) There can be in between some other department e.g . Expense Dept , to verify the Travel Request before send to Supervisor for approval .
After Approval of Trip , the Trip Status will be changed to “TRIP APPROVED” . Then , the TRip will be settled .
Standard workflows for trip request approval and trip expense approval are WS20000050 and WS20000040
The approve travel request workflow describes the following process:
- §The trip data is recorded in the system by the employee.
- §The employee’s superior is responsible for approving the trip. The system uses the organizational plan to determine the superior automatically.
- §The superior can approve the trip, send it back to the employee for correction, or reject it.
- §If the superior approves the trip, the employee who submitted the request is informed of this approval in an automatically generated mail.
- §If corrections are necessary, the superior creates a message as a workflow attachment. The employee receives a work item with this attachment. When this work item is performed, the transaction for changing the trip is started.
- §If the travel request is rejected, the superior creates a message that is sent to the employee as a mail.
- §Approve Travel Request
Settlement of Trip :
Click the Settle button . Enter Settlement Period as Weekly , BI-weekly , Monthly , Semi-monthly etc . Now the Settlemet status will be chnaged from “To be settled” to “Settled” .
Once the Trip Status is chnaged to “Trip Approved” , and Settlement Status as “Settled” , these Trips are picked by daily Batch job run and Status changed to “Transferred to FI” .
Define Flat Rates for Travel Costs – Country Specific and according to Vehicle types , e.g . Personal Car , Company Car etc .