Hi to all!
I recently was asked to share my knowledge of how to implement a snapshot scenario on stock data out of 0IC_C03 with Analysis Process Designer (APD) and here are the steps to take with screen shots of how the objects are implemented in our BW system (7.0) since 2009. All general information about the different approaches for analyzing stock data with cumulative and non-cumulative key figures are perfectly explained in the document “How to Handle Inventory Management Scenarios in BW (NW2004)” and therefore will not be mentioned in this blog of mine here.
(Note: To get a clear and distortion-free view of the pictures you might klick on them to open the viewer)
Update 2012-08-08: I added some information and picture regarding the data flow from DSO to InfoCube
Snapshot Scenario with APD on Stock Data of 0IC_C03
- Create Query for selecting the data out of 0IC_C03 that you want to have in snapshot Cube
- Implement a DSO (type: direct update) for the data of your snapshot query
- Implement an analysis process with APD (transaction RSANWB) and include an ABAP routine and transformation for mapping source and target fields:
- Execute the analysis process to insert data to your DSO; Result log:
- Implement a standard InfoCube
- Implement a dataflow from DSO to InfoCube by following steps
- Now you can update your DSO and InfoCube by Process Chain