1. Open Crystal and select a report to open in Design view.
2. From the Database main menu, select Set Database Location.
3. When an ODBC connection in History or Current Connections is not present:
a.Expand the Create New Connection folder.
b. Expand the ODBC (RDO) folder within the Create New Connection folder to open the ODBC (RDO) screen.
c. Select the “Enter Connection String” radio button.
d. Enter the connection string as Driver=Pervasive ODBC Client Interface;ServerName=xxx;dbq=rdp01 where xxx is your computer name).
e. Click on Finish
4. In the “Current Data Source” section of the screen, highlight “..\..\file.ddf”, and in the Replace With section, select the “Driver=Pervasive ODBC Client Interface;ServerName=xxx;dbq=rdp01” just defined in the ODBC folder
5. Click on Update to change the data source of the report.
Note: You can also directly create report based on ODBC Connection String.
Hope this document will also provide you another way of using the ODBC connection in Crystal Reports.