A few month ago I appeared on the SAP Innovation Show, to evangelise about Mobile. You can still check out the on-demand here and also check out what my colleagues… Adrian Simpson, Chief Technology Officer, SAP UK & Ireland as well as Timo Elliott, Innovation Evangelist, SAP… say about Big Data!
Here are the main points that I covered, but please check out the above TV Show…
- One of the main challenges is around consumerisation. Adoption and use of personal devices as well as consumer apps in the workplace. This can be disruptive to the modern CIO. Should they resist or embrace? My advise is that its best to build policies into an evolving strategy BYOD, CYOD part of Corporate Controlled Consumeristion. COPE.
- Key issue is device Security. Your corporate data is priceless and when taken on the road, the mobile device becomes invaluable and should be secured in many ways. Talks about Remote Security, for example securing with , data fading and wiping devices remotely – Enrolling devices into a MDM platform. I gave a name check to SAP Afaria.
- Emergence of the Prosumer , who has a growing influence over innovation and the technology. For example in the enterprise the “Prosumer” expects the same App Store & App Experience – Amazing, Beautiful & Compelling Apps
- Apps in the Enterprise – giving the consumption of Corporate Data for the Information Worker, enabling immediate competitive advantage, streamlining of business processes – proactive rather than reactive. Mobile is Empowering!!!! Take a look at the SAP Mobile Apps for – CRM, HR, Transport, Medical to name a few.
- Innovation via Developing In-House Apps – Ability for IT to develop secure Mobile Apps against multiple mobile platforms and mobilising existing multiple back-end systems in a future proof way. Name check on the SAP Mobile Platform incl. Sybase Unwired Platform.
- Back to Management of Devices – This time picking up on the Management side with regard to deployment of apps (in house and standard based) and then with the management of device features, for example no iCloud on iOS or DropBox, restricting data roaming, device features – again a name check on Afaria.
Please follow me on Twitter @ithain